Bridge Sleeve

Started by bluefish69, October 10, 2014, 11:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluefish69

Dawn

Your my last hope. Alan said that you might have a SS Bridge Sleeve for a Penn 99 under your rug. Please check that bump for me.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

fIsHsTiiCkS

You looking for the gear sleeve or the steel bridge?

bluefish69

I'm looking for a SS Bridge Sleeve. Shark Hunter needs one also.

Mike

Alto Mare

Did you check Scotts?
https://www.mysticparts.com/PennParts/Custom/98-155AT.aspx

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

bluefish69

Thanks Sal I didn't cross reference the part number.

Mike

Bryan Young

I may have a couple of ss gear sleeves.  Let me look this weekend.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

bluefish69

Just let me know either way.

Mike

Dawn

Sorry, they are all gone.

Dawn
Dawn

Dawn

I have 98-155.  I am out of 98-60.

Dawn
Dawn

Bryan Young

I have 2 left.  Send me a PM and I'll send you a paypal invoice for them.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

handi2

I to have either one if needed.

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

trond_solem

What about using 90-505AT in reels that use 98-60?
I understand that 98-505 is fine tooth and 98-60 is coarse tooth as described, but is it fine tooth? fine threads maybe?
I must be since you have to replace the drag star if you replace the sleeve with the other type.
I have two 49 reels and an 112h reel that all three use the 98-60 sleeve.
If I can replace the sleeve in all of them with the 90-505AT sleeve, I can solve the problem with rounded off sleeves.

Alto Mare

You could add any sleeve you wish, coarse threads or fine, but you will still need to keep the 49 at where it was intended to be fished at. I believe the larger diameter spool puts more stress on the bridge than the smaller, as on the jigmaster. It isn't just about the tip of the sleeve, on the 49 you have other things that could fail as well.  The post on the bridge will get lose if fished too hard.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.