Newell parts by Bite Fishing Club

Started by fishhead69, October 13, 2014, 10:46:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishhead69

Has any of you Newell guys seen or used any of the anodized aluminum star drag wheels, clicker sets or bearing caps made by this company Bite Fishing Club? Please comment or what would be better.

bluefish69

The only parts that I have is 3 Bearing Caps for "S" Series reels. I haven't used 1 yet. It has been posted that the Aluminum Stars could strip during a good battle. I only use Black Pearl, Newell or Penn Gears & parts.
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Newell Nut

Islandgypsy

Just today received a clicker set from Uluajunkies in Hawaii ( Newell Nut recommended I give them a try; needed to replace a plastic click spring and clicker in a Newell 322 ). It's a Bite Fishing product consisting of metal spring , click tongue, nylon spacer washer,cir clip, and a cool little aluminum click button ( in your choice of colors). Have not installed as of yet , but parts appear well made, I'm satisfied. I'm not affiliated with Bite Fishing Club or Uluajunkies.

bluefish69

Islandgypsy

If you have a "P" series Newell or an "S" series with Aluminum Spool that Spring & Tung will work great. If you have a Graphite Spool & Gear that Spring & Tong will wear the Gear on the spool PDQ.

Mike

Islandgypsy

Thanks,Mike. Have the opposite going on with this reel (no letter 322-5) . Purchased it new in the box years ago before Newell went out of business, and just recently decided to put Bryans 5 stack drag in it and use it for Yellowtail surface iron. When I opened it up found an aluminum spool with steel clicker gear and a plastic click spring and clicker. (????)

bluefish69

As I have been told by my locals. Carl used or the company used anything they had laying around to make a reel.

Mike

Tunacious

Yeah, the NL 322's were pretty much made as a special run with parts they had on hand, though I've not heard of metal clicker spring and dog spring along with a plastic button. My NL 322 actually has a right sideplate that reads "300" instead of 322-5. I actually bought it with the 3.6 gears inside but swapped the gears out for 5-1.

All of the NL 322's had aluminum spools since Carl never made one of graphite, though I know of someone who actually was able to get a machinist to cut down a wider 300 series graphite spool into a 322 size and it works great. The same machinist also cut down a couple aluminum Newell spools and handles for me.

kalenao

I tied the Ulua Junkies XD Newell 500 series 4.6 gear kit and ended up with Bryan's 5+1 here is my pm to Bryan:

[Aloha Bryan,

Mahalo plenty for your drags, they arrived yesterday just in time to stop me from taking my Newell S550 apart for the 100th time.  I had brought Ulua Junkies XD Newell 500 series 4.6 Gear kit to up grade my Newell C550 3.2:1, but that spool shaft did not fit into the new pinion gear.  So I tried it in my S550 but encountered problems. 

The up grade turns a 3 stack into a 4 stack system and come with a main gear, pinion and an eared washer and a fc washer along with an aluminum star for $80.  The main gear is deeper to accept the 2 added disks and the gears are cut at an angle along with the new pinion.  After installing with brake pressure applied and the clutch in free spool,  I turn the handle and hear and feel rumbling noises as if the gears are not matched up.  It appears to work fine when retrieving line.

I worked on that reel most of the day until the mailman came with your up grade kits.  It took me less than half an hour to install them in both my C550 and S550 tested with no problems and an increase of 10lbs drag for each reel Thank you very much I can fish today with more confidence, as Lex Brodie would say :Thank you very much.]

I think my spool shaft could be bent but I do not have any way to check it.  the kit came with an XD Star which is the only thing I am using with that reel and it works fine.  I am going to keep the kit and look for another spool to fit my 3.2:1 reel to convert it to a 4.6:1.

I also bought the Bite Anodized aluminum bearing cap and the Bite Aluminum clicker.  The bearing cap looks and works fine, but the clicker may not work with my graphite spool sso I will be looking for an aluminum spool.

kalenao
<*))))>< Life is What You Make It