A quick trolling trip 10/11/14

Started by handi2, October 13, 2014, 11:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

handi2

I got away from work and took the boat out for a quick trolling trip. I'm sure glad I did. Despite the numerous reports from fishing around the Nipple out of Pensacola that were not too exciting we headed that way at 3:30 am into some nasty head seas. Ay least I knew we could ride the seas back home.

15 knots out and 35 knots coming back. We also deep dropped with the Daiwa electrics and got some Golden Tilefish and Yellow Edge Grouper.

2 Wahoo back to back. A White Marlin release (on video), small Dorado.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Ron Jones

Those are not tile fish or grouper! :o
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

handi2

Seas heading out in the dark. We didn't take many pics of the bottom fish..!
Gulf Breeze, FL

broadway

Yeah buddy! Bet that Wahoo put up a heck of a fight.
Ron, the bottom photo is a tile for sure... look into those BIG beautiful eyes.
Glad to see nothing keeps you landlocked ;)
Good stuff,
Dom

Shark Hunter

Looks like you had fun Keith. Some high tech equipment you got there! I will have to pay you a visit next May.
Life is Good!

jonnou

well done
looks like a nice set up you have there
Jon

Steve-O

YUCK! on the FLIR shot of waves to slice and bash. :'(

YAHOOOO! on the Wahoo, Grouper, Dolphin and Tilefish. ;D

Thanks for sharing!

handi2

That was a shot of the head sea chop we have in the Gulf. That camera has saved many a Kayak in the before sunrise running..!!
Gulf Breeze, FL

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

handi2

Quote from: Bryan Young on October 14, 2014, 11:28:34 PM
Nice catches of Ono.  So envious.

They do get big here Bryan. Those are schoolie size. My friend caught an 89 pounder on a 8500SS from an anchored boat. Now that's uncommon..!!

The bad thing around here is that we have to run at least 25 miles to get to 400 feet of water.
Gulf Breeze, FL

Bryan Young

Quote from: handi2 on October 14, 2014, 11:55:59 PM
Quote from: Bryan Young on October 14, 2014, 11:28:34 PM
Nice catches of Ono.  So envious.

They do get big here Bryan. Those are schoolie size. My friend caught an 89 pounder on a 8500SS from an anchored boat. Now that's uncommon..!!

The bad thing around here is that we have to run at least 25 miles to get to 400 feet of water.
That's like us running for any albacore...okay maybe 50 miles.  I so miss Hawaii.  3 miles and we are in wahoo territory.  Another 5 miles, we are in yellow fin tuna and marlin territory.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Dominick

Quote from: Bryan Young on October 15, 2014, 12:00:31 AM
That's like us running for any albacore...okay maybe 50 miles.  I so miss Hawaii.  3 miles and we are in wahoo territory.  Another 5 miles, we are in yellow fin tuna and marlin territory.

Go another 5 miles and run into a volcano.   :D ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

handi2

We went again this Saturday and it was a 2' chop every 3 seconds. It was terrible and I was ready to go home until the reel went off and after 6 times to the boat it was a 200lb Blue Marlin on the Tiagra 30W. It took at least 40 minutes to get a clean release.
Gulf Breeze, FL

CaptainRMF

Nice catch handi2. Brings back memories fishing out of Fort Lauderdale Fl. in the late 90's when my dad had his boat down there. Use to go 1/2 mile out of inlet and be in 400'. Got my first sail fish down there. Got to get back there soon. Keep on fishin !!!
Richy aka CaptainRMF

Newell Nut

Nice looking catch on a short notice trip.