joel8080

Question will a 500S bridge fit a 500?

Thank You

Joel8080
Oceanside,California

foakes

Hi Joel --

If just the bridge, you should be good.

If ordering or swapping out the entire bridge, sleeve, pin assembly -- make sure the threads correspond.

There was a shift to fine threads over the years, so the coarse will not work unless you also get the right fine threaded star.

Let us know if we can help further -- not exactly sure what you have in mind...

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

joel8080

Hi Fred

I just bought some parts for a 500 Jigmaster in the package there is a 500S bridge and Stainless Eccentric I just finished hot rodding a 505 HS. I have a 500 to work on and I would love to put the SS bridge into the reel if it will fit.

Joel8080
Oceanside,California

joel8080

Fred

Here's a strange one, opened the 500 pulled it apart got to the bridge it's marked 500S but it's brass the one I received in the parts that I bought was Stainless marked 500S as was the eccentric in Stainless.
The one thing different in the 2 bridges is on the Stainless one the Dog has a cirq clip holding it on the post.
The Stainless bridge does fit.

Joel8080

Oceanside,California

Alto Mare

I hate to tell you Joel, under that shiny coat, that one is also brass.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

foakes

Great,

Glad you got a good fit, Joel.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

joel8080

Hi Alto

Fooled me, but question what is the differance between a 500 bridge & a 500S bridge? Color? it's a perfect fit and it's funny like I stated before the bridge I took out of my 500 was stamped 500S? and it was Brass color.

Joel8080
Oceanside,California

Alto Mare

Joel, the walking encyclopedia (Fred)  ;D already explained the two. The 500s bridge is identical to the 500, with the exception of the finer threads on the gear sleeve, also the dog has a c-clip.
About the finish on the bridge, many reels have chromed brass or plain brass of the same, most squidders have chromed.
The only stainless steel bridge that I know of is from Alan Chui.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

joel8080

Alto

Thank you, This are my first 2 Jigmasters and I have a lot to learn.

Joel8080
Oceanside,California

Alto Mare

So do I Joel and I'm sure so do many others here, we're all learning together.
I believe the Jigmaster was one of the most reel in production, not 100% sure, but a while back, someone associated with Tiburon told me so.
It has to be so, those guys do lots of research on which kit would sell the most, they sell lots of Jigmaster's kits, I have many myself.
Sal