Great day on the Pastime Princess

Started by Newell Nut, October 21, 2014, 10:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newell Nut

Today was the best day I have seen in a while for the whole boat. Captain Al said if someone did not get the limit today they should take up golf. I think most of the people that knew a little about fishing got their limit. Several AJs were caught and you can see in the background that a lot of smaller fish were caught.

Tightlines667

Where are you fishing out of again?  My dad is in FL and is always looking for fishing buddies.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Bryan Young

Wow, that's a freezer full of fish...looks like fun.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Newell Nut

Quote from: Tightlines666 on October 21, 2014, 11:01:10 PM
Where are you fishing out of again?  My dad is in FL and is always looking for fishing buddies.
New Smyrna Beach and we sail out of Ponce Inlet.  http://pastimeprincess.com/

harryk3616

wow,  full boat of fish,  fantastic, nice job

fsrmn

Did you go out to the Big A party grounds? Great fishing there. Not the same here on the Gulf side. I used to take the party boats from New Smyrna Beach before I moved to the Gulf side.
Not all fishing is done with rod and reel.

Newell Nut

We were a few miles from the party grounds. Our captain does not like to go there because of the commercial guys fishing there all the time especially with king mac season about to start.

Tightlines667

I'll be in Ocala visiting family for the last 2 weeks of December.  Me and my dad were going to take his Grady out for Grouper on the gulf side.  We may change our plans.  That looks like fun.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Alto Mare

Dwight, time to buy another freezer, I'm sure you're running out of room. Way to go buddy. ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Dominick

Hey Dwight, don't they have ice in Florida?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Newell Nut

Quote from: Tightlines666 on October 22, 2014, 02:27:18 AM
I'll be in Ocala visiting family for the last 2 weeks of December.  Me and my dad were going to take his Grady out for Grouper on the gulf side.  We may change our plans.  That looks like fun.

I think they are going to have a Friday after Christmas trip weather permitting. It gets real iffy the next 3 months. We can have stretches of 3 weeks of bad seas.

The gulf grouper trips are a lot of fun too and I here it from friends that go. It is usually a long ride out and you catch a lot grouper just under the keeper size but still fun and you get some keepers as well.

Over here we have some really nice grouper but they are just out of reach for our schedule. If we had one more hour of travel time we would really have some nice big catches on a regular basis and the redeyes are twice the size of the ones we catch.

Shark Hunter

Quote from: Dominick on October 22, 2014, 03:18:19 AM
Hey Dwight, don't they have ice in Florida?  Dominick
He is ignoring you Dominick. :D
They take the fish off the ice right before they pull into port and hang them up, so everyone can grab theirs and go.
Nice fish Dwight. I'd like to have that AJ's Head for Shark Bait! ;)
Life is Good!

Newell Nut

Thanks Daron
I was not sure what Dominick's question was referencing but you nailed it. The fish stay on ice and they hang them up just before we dock. Then they call the stringer tag numbers after everybody gets off the boat. Then we drop the stringers in a big box of ice water by the cleaning table. They call out the stringer number again so you go to the end of the table to bag up your filets right by the tip bucket of course. Got to take of the mates.

Steve-O

HOLY FISH TACOS, Batman!   :o Yes Robin, There's a lot of nice fish on that stringer.

Way to go, Dwight.