Permission to come aboard?

Started by Rodger68, November 01, 2014, 05:13:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rodger68

Hello from the wet Pacific Northwest,
I was out Steelhead fishing a few weeks ago with my beloved green Shimano Curado 201B when I decided I should have spare.  I also thought a couple right hand versions would make great Kokanee reels for next spring.  Fortunately I found another 201B and a couple 200B's on Ebay which are being completely torn down for rebuild.  I have learned a lot searching around on this site and am impressed by the helpful community of people.  Thank you everyone for your contributions in an effort to help others, it's much appreciated.
Rodger

alantani

permission granted, welcome aboard!!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Shark Hunter

Welcome Rodger! ;D
Haze Grey and Underway! ;)
Life is Good!

DaBigOno

Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Keta

Hi from the allegedly dry part of the Pacific NW.

I use Curado 201s and Calcutta 51's for steelhead and kokanee.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Rancanfish

Welcome! I used to get rained on for two weeks every time I went to visit my Mom,  when she lived in Port Townsend.

Good luck with those reels.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

theswimmer

There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Dominick

(piping sound ooweeoo)  Welcome aboard.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

foakes

Welcome, Rodger --

Not sure what part of the Pacific Northwest you live in -- but we have visited many times up to Bremerton to visit wife's Aunt.

Lots of Steelhead and Salmon rivers/creeks up around there.

I am always amazed when driving on 304 to go towards Sea-Tac -- passing the 5 aircraft carriers moored at the Navy Yard in Sinclair Inlet.  Lot of history in those old flat tops.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Dominick

Quote from: foakes on November 01, 2014, 07:08:04 PM
Welcome, Rodger --

Not sure what part of the Pacific Northwest you live in -- but we have visited many times up to Bremerton to visit wife's Aunt.

Lots of Steelhead and Salmon rivers/creeks up around there.

I am always amazed when driving on 304 to go towards Sea-Tac -- passing the 5 aircraft carriers moored at the Navy Yard in Sinclair Inlet.  Lot of history in those old flat tops.

Best,

Fred

Shush Fred the location of the aircraft carriers is classified  :o .  I now have to move them.   :D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Marcq

Welcome  Rodger !! You'll like it here

Marc..

MFB

No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

foakes

Ahhh, Man --

Sorry Dominick --

I keep forgetting that you are in charge of all that top secret stuff!

Best,

Fred

Moored along the Bremerton shoreline are the retiring Kitty Hawk (CV 63) and decommissioned Ranger (CV 61), Independence (CV 62) and Constellation (CV 64). When the USS John C. Stennis isn't patrolling the oceans, it's there with them.

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.