Reel, spool and drag washers dimension table?

Started by trond_solem, November 01, 2014, 01:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trond_solem

When I am reading this forum I find that many questions are about width, dimensions and interchangeabillity of parts.

How about compiling  table of parts and what reels it will fit? Add a field for frame width and we will have a tool to look up what parts we can use without comparing chematics for 50 reels.

I have started on a table of dimensions of drag washers including the metal washers. 
Next will be a parts table describing all the reels that use the same parts. I know that there exists some scanned pages with this info, but there are no dimensions given in those pages.

A spreadsheet with lookup for part number and/or reel number will make it easy to find information.
There are a lot of parts on e-bay, but the information there doesn't relate to other reels than the reel the part came from. I reality, it will fit a lot of other reels.

I can start the project, but I will need information about dimensions from those of you that have the actual reel and can take some measurements.

So, can anyone help with info?

Rancanfish

Seems like a good idea.  I've seen a few tables here, but I bet a dollar I couldn't find it again if it did exist.

Sorry I'm no help.  I'm currently not doing any reels but when winter sets in I will. Would be nice to print out something for reference.

Good luck.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Keta

I have the dimensions of the drag washers I cut but they are closer fitting than Penn ones.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

trond_solem

Quote from: Keta on November 01, 2014, 03:08:47 PM
I have the dimensions of the drag washers I cut but they are closer fitting than Penn ones.

That's even better!
Using those numbers it is even easyer to know what is going to fit or not.

I have started on a dimensions table and a parts table.
The parts table is very interesting. There are some surprises there.

I am using Openoffice calc to write the talbles. In that way it can be converted to excel og pdf as needed.

Just post dimensions of drags, spacers etc here and I will enter them into the tables and publish links to tables as they grow.

I don't own so many reels yet, so I can't measure so many parts.
Here is what I know at the moment.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38617249/Penn%20washers.ods   OpenOffice format