Unusual Aluminum 501 Spool

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, November 02, 2014, 10:42:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Thanks for trying for me Bryan, I appreciate it.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Black Pearl

Quote from: Alto Mare on November 04, 2014, 11:17:17 AM
Thanks for trying for me Bryan, I appreciate it.
Sal

Don't worry, Sal. I will have some of this spool in alum for you early next year.

Thanks,
--Alan

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Bryan Young on November 04, 2014, 07:53:27 AM
Ping fishing buddies in Hawaii...and so response.  Sorry.  There was a set 2 months ago...if I knew, I would have jumped on it.  Sorry.

Thanks for giving it a shot Bryan.  If you come across any Bluefin spools in the future, I would love to have them.

Randy

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Alto Mare on November 02, 2014, 11:06:35 PM
If its for sale, what do you need to have for it?

Sal, do you have any nice Penn 24-56 handles with colored knobs or left side plates for the 505/506HS that you might want to trade?  If you would rather talk than type, you can reach me at 805-748-9202.

Thanks,

Randy

Alto Mare

Randy, I was collecting those with 3 holes and got rid of them last year, I had many colors. I believe I had 15 of them, I got over $30 for some.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Ron Jones

Tiburon has a run of BFS sets in stock, I'm not certain they would fit a Newell kit but you might call them.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

foakes

Hi Randy --

If any of these 24-56s would help -- let me know.

Then I can just send you some handles -- and you can send Sal the spool.

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Thanks Fred, but those are 24-66 handles.  I need the 24-56 handles, which are not counterbalanced and have three holes for adjusting the length.

Randy

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Tightlines667

Is this what you are looking for?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/291279568573?item=291279568573&vectorid=229466

Or you can check with these guys (Ulua Junkies)

http://www.uluajunkies.com/shopnewell.html

If they have what you want but don't want to ship it to you, I can go pick it up and ship it for you..LMK
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Alto Mare

Guys, I thank you very much, you are amazing. Keep in mind, if you need anything that I could help with, you already know I'm here.
On the spool, I think I'm going to wait until early next year, if Alan Chui says he will make these available, I'm sure they will happen, he hasn't let me down yet.
I hope he does make these for everyone that needs them, the 146 will also be nice, but they need to be at a reasonable price...we'll see.
Thanks again guys.
Sal

foakes

Thanks, Randy --

My mistake -- sorry I misunderstood.

I will check what I have when I get home tonight -- but it will be late since I am helping run a voting poll precinct location -- and will be pretty late getting home.

Just trying to get this spool for Sal -- since he helps so many people on this Board -- but if it doesn't work out -- that is OK too.

What is your location, Randy?  I probably need to come over to visit you sometime.

All the Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

handi2

I too will dig up some of those handles and post here.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Dominick

Hey vintage.  A very Italian custom is; when you know someone wants something and you have it you just give it to him.  There are no guarantees but something good will come back to you.  PM me for Sal's address if you want.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.