Sorting Through Old Reels

Started by foakes, November 03, 2014, 06:26:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

harryk3616

Alto Mare

Fred, I just went back over this great thread that you've started. I can't believe that you got so much done, just by working on them one afternoon a week.
You're a real reel building machine ;), can't wait to see how many more you'll squeeze out of those parts.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Quote from: Alto Mare on February 04, 2015, 01:05:34 PM
Fred, I just went back over this great thread that you've started. I can't believe that you got so much done, just by working on them one afternoon a week.
You're a real reel building machine ;), can't wait to see how many more you'll squeeze out of those parts.
Sal
Yes I almost forgot about the reel building.  Fred How many so far?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

foakes

31 so far, Counselor --

Hoping for around 50 -- should be possible, unless I get hung up on any little parts I may not have.

That way, I will have a nice assortment to sell at the next sale.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Alto Mare

Let me know if you get jammed and I'll check and see if I have what you need.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

foakes

Thanks, Sal --

Somehow, I believe that you have understandably understated your massive reel and parts horde.

Your house must have a hidden underground cavernous "Bat Cave" -- just overflowing with neat inventory and toys.

Lined with brick, of course.

Appreciate all you do, Sal...

Best,

Fred

Disclaimer quote from Sal -- "These are all spoken for" (Yeah, right.....Uh Huh......)

We need to all chip in -- Sal needs a cape...
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

BMITCH

luck is the residue of design.

RowdyW

Alto Mare

Fred, keeping up with just one of your Library File Cabinet would be impossible, so I won't even attempt it...and you have many of those  ;D.

You are the "Master of the Universe" ;)

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Thanks for that Daron ;), I couldn't find it anywhere.
I see the resemblance, Fred was a handsome man...still is. Don't get the wrong idea Fred ;) ;D

Dominick

Quote from: foakes on February 05, 2015, 04:13:36 PM
31 so far, Counselor --

Hoping for around 50 -- should be possible, unless I get hung up on any little parts I may not have.

That way, I will have a nice assortment to sell at the next sale.

Best,

Fred
Quote from: Alto Mare on February 05, 2015, 04:20:27 PM
Let me know if you get jammed and I'll check and see if I have what you need.
Hey Sal don't mess up the count.  My guess is 37 for the contest.  Come on I need another reel.   :D ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

You're right Dominick, I didn't think about that. ::)

foakes

Taking another look at the top prize in this contest -- the custom upgraded 285 DelMar -- does anyone think one of Daron's "Plinths" would make it look too fat?

--------

Fred O.

harryk3616