Newell 533 5.5 - Simple Parts needed

Started by egarratt14, November 03, 2014, 04:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

egarratt14

Need a couple of parts for my disassembled Newell.  These are all standard pieces used on multiple Newell models.  Interesting that this reel was purchased by me, hardly ever used, and never serviced and is missing a washer.  Anybody have any ideas on where I can get these?  Located in San Diego.

3-16 Handle Washer (2 pcs)
3-23 Nylon Lock Washer (2 pcs)
U-1LS Crescent Spring Nylon Washer (1 only)

alantani

U-1LS is the only part that i have.  if i can get an address, i will mail it out to you.  you have an e-mail.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

speedwagon2

Angler's Choice at 1910 Roscrans St use to have a colection of newell parts.  I got several pieces for my 533 a couple of years ago. 619 223-2324.  Give them a call.
  Speedwagon2

conchydong

I am wondering if Valley Manufacturing still has a lot of parts in their inventory. It would be nice if they would release the parts or at least the rights to Newell reels if they have no future plans for re-manufacturing the reels. I was hoping that Pure Fishing (Penn) would have stepped up and made them a offer and bought them out even if they went overseas with production.

egarratt14

I got the handle washer from Josh at Squido.  The other two pieces are wants, not exactly needs at this point.  I will put it all together tonight and see how everything fits and then decide next move.

bluefish69

Quote from: alantani on November 03, 2014, 09:30:45 PM
U-1LS is the only part that i have.  if i can get an address, i will mail it out to you.  you have an e-mail.  alan

I have everything that you need. I am not aloud to drive for a week if you can wait. I had Surgery today. The U-1LS was changed to a SS Spring Washer. I have been using them for years. Let me know by PM with info can mail by Saturday.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

egarratt14

luefish69,

Well, managed to scrape up the handle washer.  The nylon handle washer would be nice, but what I really need now is a dog spring (part 3-315).  I am not sure when it moved, but it got hung up in onr of the screw holes and got ruined during reassembly.

Either way, thanks for the response.  I have learned much from your posts over the past few days.

bluefish69

Quote from: conchydong on November 04, 2014, 12:20:21 AM
I am wondering if Valley Manufacturing still has a lot of parts in their inventory. It would be nice if they would release the parts or at least the rights to Newell reels if they have no future plans for re-manufacturing the reels. I was hoping that Pure Fishing (Penn) would have stepped up and made them a offer and bought them out even if they went overseas with production.

Everything that I hear is ALL Newell Parts & whatever else is in their yard in storage containers. I have bolt cutters are you ready. LOL

Mike

Bryan Young

The container is being emptied by two guys at Valley Manufacturing, and often sold on ebay by one of the guys girlfriends, Newellchic.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

bluefish69

I've bought some things from her but she won't accept a list of items needed by me & others here in N.Y.

Mike

Bryan Young

Quote from: bluefish69 on December 04, 2014, 07:13:44 PM
I've bought some things from her but she won't accept a list of items needed by me & others here in N.Y.

Mike
Yeah, me too. 

from what I have heard, the two guys and the girlfriend get a cut from what they sell.  So they are not too keen on making package deals.  Additionally, they are putting reels together with parts that they pull out and then being sold under a different name, not newellchic.  They will normally post their left over parts...and not willing to look for them as well.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

foakes

If they would accept a fair offer for all of the parts -- now would be the time to offer something -- 3 weeks before Christmas.  

Trouble is, generally they think the parts are gold, and worth much more than they really are -- consequently just selling off enough a bit at a time to have some $$$.

And they may not have the knowledge or time to have folks ask them for specific parts -- do the shipping -- emails -- payments -- hassle of cherry-pickers, etc..  

And I wouldn't blame them for that.

But if someone was serious about the value, and had cash in hand, and face-to-face -- I think a deal could be struck.

Green cash at a distance of 2 feet makes all of the difference in the world when negotiating this type of transaction -- along with timing and the ability to load up everything on the spot.

Just my two cents,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Tunacious

I wish that were the case but from what I understand the owner is wealthy so money isn't a big deal to him.  :o

Bryan Young

Quote from: foakes on December 04, 2014, 08:03:03 PM
If they would accept a fair offer for all of the parts -- now would be the time to offer something -- 3 weeks before Christmas.  

Trouble is, generally they think the parts are gold, and worth much more than they really are -- consequently just selling off enough a bit at a time to have some $$$.

And they may not have the knowledge or time to have folks ask them for specific parts -- do the shipping -- emails -- payments -- hassle of cherry-pickers, etc..  

And I wouldn't blame them for that.

But if someone was serious about the value, and had cash in hand, and face-to-face -- I think a deal could be struck.

Green cash at a distance of 2 feet makes all of the difference in the world when negotiating this type of transaction -- along with timing and the ability to load up everything on the spot.

Just my two cents,

Fred
We've tried to arrange this, but they do not want to talk because we had a few people together collectively to buy the entire stock of parts.  They didn't want to talk because they really didn't know what it was worth and not willing to just sell sight unseen in individual parts to make a definitive price decision.