first time and 113h re assembly

Started by David Hall, November 08, 2014, 04:17:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Hall

I should have taken pictures of the reel before I started, next time!  I have a 60's version 113h 4/0 special  drags are accessible from outside, and I purchased SS gear KIT from Dawn a SS sleeve from Scotts.
A couple questions on fitment
1. I am assuming the small carbon washer that came with the drag stack goes under the main gear and replaces the fiber washer?
2. The pin that locks the sleeve down sticks out on each side just enough to hang the washers and the chrome plate on top. The pin itself fits in easily by hand and pushes out nicely with a punch but seems like it should be either peened or filed on the ends so it does not rub anything in the drag stack?

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

David Hall

David Hall

I got the new SS parts in, everything greased up and ready to put back together right down to the side plate screws.
Problem is I didn't pay close enough attention when I took the side plate screws out and I have three different length screws.  I put the shortest ones in the reel base plate, and the medium length and longest length randomly around the plates.  I know I got some in the wrong places but I had to get the reel together at this point to see how all my upgrades were working.  I have to take the right side plate down anyway because the jack is hanging up mid shift and I think the new SS yoke is in Need of some tuning on the edge where the jack ramps ride over to push the yoke down and disengage the spool so removing and relocating the screws is easier if I know where the short and long ones go in the frame.
Dave

FatTuna

That's a nice looking gear sleeve and gear set you have there. Should make for a sweet setup.

RowdyW

Quote from: David Hall on November 10, 2014, 05:12:22 AM
I got the new SS parts in, everything greased up and ready to put back together right down to the side plate screws.
Problem is I didn't pay close enough attention when I took the side plate screws out and I have three different length screws.  I put the shortest ones in the reel base plate, and the medium length and longest length randomly around the plates.  I know I got some in the wrong places but I had to get the reel together at this point to see how all my upgrades were working.  I have to take the right side plate down anyway because the jack is hanging up mid shift and I think the new SS yoke is in Need of some tuning on the edge where the jack ramps ride over to push the yoke down and disengage the spool so removing and relocating the screws is easier if I know where the short and long ones go in the frame.
Dave
Hi Dave, you probably have 4 different length screws. The 2 shortest go in the left stand. The next 2 longest go in the right side stand. the next 6 longer go into the left plate & the longest 6 go into the right plate.  Notice that the right plate is slightly thicker then the left.     RUDY ;)

David Hall

Thanks for that I will make sure I get them in the right place when I reassemble it.
I just need a handle cuz the stock one doesn't fit over the new sleeve and it's gonna need a power handle to go with the new tiburon frame kit.
I since this one is almost done I ordered a bunch of upgrades for my jigmaster, next up.
I love this place!

Black Pearl

Quote from: David Hall on November 11, 2014, 02:53:05 AM
Thanks for that I will make sure I get them in the right place when I reassemble it.
I just need a handle cuz the stock one doesn't fit over the new sleeve and it's gonna need a power handle to go with the new tiburon frame kit.
I since this one is almost done I ordered a bunch of upgrades for my jigmaster, next up.
I love this place!
Hi David,

You don't have to order those parts from my EBay store. You can order the same part from www.mkt.com\pro-challenger-LLC. It will save you a lot of money. You ordered the SS dual dog bridge, yoke and jack for $39.99 while you can get it fir $$29.99.

David Hall

Doh!  I already paid for them!
I will book mark your store from now on.
Thanks, :o

David Hall

Quote from: Black Pearl on November 11, 2014, 03:01:31 AM
I love this place!
Hi David,

You don't have to order those parts from my EBay store. You can order the same part from
www.mkt.com\pro-challenger-LLC. It will save you a lot of money. You ordered the SS dual dog bridge, yoke and jack for $39.99 while you can get it fir $$29.99.

well I still need a helical gear Set!  Wanna give me a rebate on that? 

Black Pearl

Quote from: David Hall on November 11, 2014, 03:34:38 AM
Quote from: Black Pearl on November 11, 2014, 03:01:31 AM
I love this place!
Hi David,

You don't have to order those parts from my EBay store. You can order the same part from
www.mkt.com\pro-challenger-LLC. It will save you a lot of money. You ordered the SS dual dog bridge, yoke and jack for $39.99 while you can get it fir $$29.99.

well I still need a helical gear Set!  Wanna give me a rebate on that? 

I only can give you $5.00 off because that eBay transaction cost 12% and the PayPal fee of the final pricing.

alantani

there also is  $2 carbontex washer that goes under the main gear that i prefer to use.  didn't see it in your photos. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Quote from: alantani on November 11, 2014, 06:37:11 PM
there also is  $2 carbontex washer that goes under the main gear that i prefer to use.  didn't see it in your photos. 
David might like a delrin washer there as I do ;D.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

David Hall

the carbontex washer is what Dawn sent me and that is what I put in for now, dont have any delrin washers yet. Ive been to busy on ebay buying old penn reels!  I did not post pictures of the internals but they look very much like Sals, except where my dremel tip tried to get away from me! nowhere visible so only I know i slipped.  I couldnt find any brass or copper sheet material for under 20.00 so I made a spring out of the childproof spring off a bic lighter, (my sons idea)  works great too.  I put it back together and the jack ramps are hanging up on the yoke when shifting into freespool so I am goint to ease the edges a bit with a file to smooth that out but other than that at this point I am really happy with the reel, just two more mods first add a tiburon frame kit, just cant decide what width?
2nd a gig ole powerhandle and kolekar grip.
Three months ago I was trying to find someone to service all my reels for next season.  Three weeks ago I found this site and decide to try it myself.   I have my 113 pretty much done, a 500 jigmaster torn down and soaking in the cleaner and a 65 sitting in the on deck circle.  Its agood thing I still have a day job I bleive i overspent my allowance last month!