Cooking Finnish Style

Started by Big Tim, November 08, 2014, 09:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Tim

I came across this video and since I have a Swedish & Finnish background I had to watch..Made me so hungry.

Dominick

Tim we had a Swedish friend that we lost contact with.  On Christmas Eve we would drink slivovitz and eat bait (herring) with fried potatoes.  Strange at first but it becomes cloying.  That fish feast in the video is pretty cool.  I like the pork fat and fish idea.  I'll Google for a recipe.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Big Tim

Dom: I have eaten' many of these dishes in my life...Some not as good as others, some just plain killer

Tim

Bill B

Man that all looks good....I love cooking over the open fires...some of the best coffee I ever had was made in an enamel perculator over campfire coals....

Dom....a friend of mine just gave me a pint of that homemade slivovitz fresh from the Cezch Rep.    I thought he was trying to kill me...I have a lot more hair on my chest now...LOL
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

theswimmer

Thanks for the link Tim.
I got a ton of inspiration and some ideas for cooking this weekend, Finnish style!

Best,
JT
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Reel 224

I had a Finnish girlfriend back in the 60's who's parents subsided on fish and potatoes. Harold, her father fished practically every day in the Long island Sound. They were the greatest people I have ever known. I should have married there daughter Hilka.   
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."