Unusual Jigmaster Conversion

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, November 11, 2014, 06:43:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Does anyone know who might have made this reel?  The side plates and frame are nearly identical to Accurate's components, but the outside edge of the side plates is radiused and the frame has ridges crossing the bottom that were not smoothed as they would be on a finished Accuframe.  There are also machine marks on the flat surface of the left side plate.  The reel does not appear to have been anodized; it looks like some of the surfaces have been polished and others have not.

Alto Mare

That is an Accurate conversion. I'm 99.9% sure that it was made from someone trying to remove the nicks off the sharp edge of the plate, some look really bad there.
Aluminum is very easy to work with, that could have also been done by anyone just by using had tools.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

What do you think about the ridge that was never finished off on the bottom of the frame.  Look just above the foot.  That ridge is not present on a finished Accuframe and could not have been formed after manufacture.

Bryan Young

It looks to be an Accurate.  I think it's possible that it's one of their prototypes.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Alto Mare

That part is flush with the plate, as it would be. The upper part has also been shaved  probably to remove scratches...just my opinion.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Here are some close-up photos of the fit of a factory finished Accuframe and Accuplate.  As you can see in every case the frame is slightly recessed and is not flush with the edge of the plate.  I just checked a dozen complete Accurate Jigmasters and this is true of every one.  The frame on the subject reel is flush, in fact the ridge at the bottom rear of the frame projects slightly above the edge of the plate.  It appears that the material that has been machined off of the frame above the ridge has been surfaced to match the contour of a finished Accuframe.  It appears that the raised surface below the ridge would would be removed on a finished Accuframe.

alantani

wow!!!!! i've never seen one with the corners rounded like that!!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

MarkT

I'm with Bryan.  Could very well be a prototype.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

fIsHsTiiCkS

i dont know what it is but that makes me want it now lol  ;D

Marcq