HOW TO MAKE MONEY WHILE FISHING (NEW PHOTOS ADDED)

Started by Dominick, November 15, 2014, 01:27:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

I have to admit Sal. Dominick is looking good for his age! I can only hope to be as active and sharp as him when I get there. Looking Good Mr. Libonati! ;D
A few weeks ago, I had lunch with Erik from Fiji and he was telling me stories of actually hanging out with Dominick and the Boss. Small World. ;)
Life is Good!

Dominick

Okay folks here are some more photos.  

Wayne was working an iron and not paying attention.  He did not realize the lure was close to the surface when he gave the rod a jerk.  The lure came out of the water like a rocket.  He saw it coming and turned his face.  The lure caught him in the side of face and ear.  The top of the ear was severed.  His face and ear took 21 stitches.  He's okay with it.  Like the trooper he is he kept fishing.

Luckily Wayne was not hurt enough to go back in because...

I caught a Frigate-I was fishing for an Albatross.  

Here I am taking a break.  The Tank is safely in the rod holder.  The Tank caught Dorado, Wahoo, Tuna, Sierra and White Bonita on this trip.  It's a heck of a reel.  

This is what the hotel chef did with the Sierra.  It was great ceviche.

Then the chef took the White Bonita and Yellow Fin and prepared this plate of sashimi.

This is a plate of Dorado grilled with garlic and butter.  Can you smell that great aroma???
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

What a nice report guys, well except for Wayne of course.
Wayne that cut looks nasty, what a trooper, kept right on fishing. I'm glad you're ok, it could have been much worse.
Dominick, I'm glad the Tank is performing nicely, did you catch that frigate with it as well? That one will be hard to beat. I'm glad that bird didn't take the Tank,they steal anything.
All of you did great, but I must say, that Dorado is one of the best I've ever seen, good job.
Now, for the sixth pic down, you should have stopped arguing with Joe, all he was trying to tell you was to put your darn shirt on...please ::)  ;D
Very nice guys, thanks for the entertainment ;)
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

BMITCH

Dominick,Wayne, looks like you guys had a blast!! Great pictures. Sorry about the ear Wayne. Just goes to prove that fishing is a strong medicine. Glad everything turned out good. Thanks for posting.
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Shark Hunter

Good Job Fellas! ;D Thanks for taking us along Dominick! ;)
Life is Good!

Keta

Nice!!!!  Wayne, don't do that!

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Tightlines667

BTW that was a Blue-footed Boobie not a Frigate..Frigates can not land on the water.  Hope you were able to successfully dehook him w/0 getting poked in the eye.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Keta

Grab them by the neck close to the head and you can remove a hook safely.  Eagles are much harder to get unhooked.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Dominick

Quote from: Tightlines666 on November 21, 2014, 05:24:33 AM
BTW that was a Blue-footed Boobie not a Frigate..Frigates can not land on the water.  Hope you were able to successfully dehook him w/0 getting poked in the eye.
Thanks for that John I flunked Blue-footed Boobies in school.   :D  It looked like a Frigate.  I sometimes can't tell the difference between a Frigate and a Man o war.  I am going to Google silhouettes of flying sea birds.  I gotta know this stuff.  Hey Sal the Tank caught a Blue-footed Boobie.  I am taking the Tank down as the clicker does not go on and off easily.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

theswimmer

Hey Wayne,
Chicks dig scars!
I have a similar scar  on the bottom of my right ear where a ski released and came up and slapped me in the side of my face.
Looks like a great trip over all.
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

BMITCH

Dominick, did you need to drop down in leader..to say a 30# floro. To get the blue footed boobie?? Heard they can be really line shy ::)
luck is the residue of design.

El Pescador

Quote from: theswimmer on November 21, 2014, 07:31:05 PM
Hey Wayne,
Chicks dig scars!

theswimmer!

My sons are calling me scar face!!!!

Had a busy week, will post my photos this weekend, and I will SAVE YOU ALL the worry, NO shirtless Dominick photos!  I promise :D

Ear wound is healing nicely, the stitches are clean and dry, no redness or pus pockets.

More later.

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Alto Mare

So, now we have: Il Consigliere and Scarface ...cool :) .
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

fsrmn

Not all fishing is done with rod and reel.

Tightlines667

Quote from: Keta on November 21, 2014, 06:28:15 AM
Grab them by the neck close to the head and you can remove a hook safely.  Eagles are much harder to get unhooked.

I can attest to that. My friend showed me a video of himself crawling in a King crab pot to 'rescue' a Bald Eagle trapped within, onboard a Bering Sea crabber...

Not a pretty site.  

I myself have a lot of experience handling boobies...
I am a marine biologist after all ;)
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.