Tica Camry 3500 SP Trouble

Started by kenton, October 05, 2010, 06:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenton

I am having an issue with my Tica 3500 SP Camry. It's the older model but still has the same internals.

Here is the schematic.
http://www.guiapescadepraia.com.br/download/esquemas/tica/aries-GR-3000-3500H.pdf

I was having an issue with part number 47 (main bearing sounded like a blender). I ordered and received a new one and it worked like a charm. Then, because the reel still had a slight scratching sound, i cleaned parts numbers 42, 43, 44, the anti reverse mechanism. The reel now seems to bind up when i have the anti reverse engaged. Disengaged it turns fine. When i cleaned the anti-reverse devices i did not reapply anything except a little 3-in-1. Should I apply some Cals or Shimano grease to them? I am at a stand still at the moment and would like to avoid buying a new reel. Thanks everyone!!

Bub B.

Is the anti-reverse a bearing or just the ratchett and dog style?  If it is a bearing type you could have it in backwards.  Same with the ratchett it could be upside down.

JGB

Have not worked on this reel before. Might try checking to see if # 43 is upside down or #44 is out of position.

The light scraping - check the inside of the rotor to see if it is scuffed. If it is the # 49 might be worn allowing the rotor to wobble.

Jim N.