Newell arms?

Started by mr t, October 09, 2010, 04:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr t

Hi Alan,

I saw a post from Pete K on another site back in Jluy saying you guys were going to make some new handle arms for newells.

Got any in stock? I'm looking to get 3-4.

thanks, 

Norcal Pescador

From the home page go to "FOR SALE", "Reel Parts", then look at "handle upgrade - newell". Send Alan a personal message to find out about stock.
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

alantani

i have a new arm that is much smaller than the old one.  those are done and need to post some photos.  i need to get more of the old larger ones made up as well because i'm all out.  let me get some photos up.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

mr t

Cool beans.

I think the smaller arm is what I need for a trio of 229's; do you sell the arm alone or does it have the grip as well?

My smaller hands kinda like the factory handle, but the arm is too flimsy IMO.

Thanks,

franky

Quote from: mr t on October 11, 2010, 10:45:14 PM
Cool beans.

I think the smaller arm is what I need for a trio of 229's; do you sell the arm alone or does it have the grip as well?

My smaller hands kinda like the factory handle, but the arm is too flimsy IMO.

Thanks,

Hello Mr. T,

For your 229's the smaller handles may be a good match.

But I gotta tell you....if you got any bigger size newells, the larger handles are the way to go.  Much more leverage. 

As for the knob.  I tried the 2/0 size and the 4/0 size.  I'm 5 feet 6 inches and the 4/0 is King.  Just cannot beat the feel of the 4/0.

alantani

let me know if you want me to ship one out. thanks!   alan

mr t

Alan, I sent a PM but not sure it went out to you. Anyway, I do want three arms, but just arms, no grips. Can you do that?

Please let me know, and thanks,

Larry

alantani

larry, you have a pm.  the new smaller newell arms still have the larger hole for the counterbored kolekar spindle.  unfortunately, it will not accomodate a 10-32 machine screw like many handle arms will.  i will change that on the next run, but that will not be for a few years.  alan