Shoalwater Bay, Upper Klamath Lake

Started by Keta, November 26, 2014, 03:11:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

Today started out bad, I never have to be anywhere at a set time but today I had to.  Well....I over slept and hit the floor running, when I got to where I needed to be the person I was meeting wasn't there, he was later.  I loaded up a heavy steel plate and took it to the shop to build a weld table.  Next I find that someone left the gas bottle open (-$$) and I couldn't weld.  As soon as I found that out I got a call from a friend that wanted to go up to the lake and "fish".  I jumped right on it and spent the rest of the day in a "happy place" with a beach fire and a view, no fish though.

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

foakes

Beautiful learning, Lee --

The fish are nice, but the best thing is your appreciation of the experience and beauty of where you were.

Thanks,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Shark Hunter

That's because you stayed up too late on here! ;D
That is a good shot of the Lake. Absolutely stunning! :P
Life is Good!

Dominick

I can think of worse places with no fish.  Good that it mellowed you out.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Lee, I could sit there all day next to a fire. Next time, bring a box of reels, no better place to service them ;).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

The shore is fist to truck size rocks, the perfect place for springs and screws to hide.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Alto Mare

You could set up on a tarp, just don't stay too close to the fire ;D.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

With that view, a nice fire, who needs fish.  So relaxing.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D