Lew Childre BB-1LM

Started by Reel 224, December 01, 2014, 03:29:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reel 224

I have a fresh water Lew Childre BB-1LM reel and the level line is catching every once in awhile,Ive had it apart a few times and found that the part in the level line that meshes with the worm gear is worn on both sides of the fork...it almost looks like a shifting fork in a standard transmission. It's an older reel and I'm not able to find parts on the internet. If anyone here has parts or can help I would appreciate it.
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

alantani

sometimes it will work more reliably if the pawl is pressed up against the worm with a little more pressure. i use a leather punch and i have teflon sheets in 5, 10, 15, and 20 thousanths inch thicknesses.  i punch out teflon "dots" to shim the pawl.  it works great for the penn 320 gt2. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Reel 224

"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Reel 224

Quote from: alantani on December 01, 2014, 07:49:46 PM
sometimes it will work more reliably if the pawl is pressed up against the worm with a little more pressure. i use a leather punch and i have teflon sheets in 5, 10, 15, and 20 thousanths inch thicknesses.  i punch out teflon "dots" to shim the pawl.  it works great for the penn 320 gt2. 

I was looking for this post for weeks to thank you Alan for that suggestion, I made a small washer from a piece of thin soft plastic and it worked perfectly. ;D