114H Tiburon conversion

Started by Wally15, December 03, 2014, 01:11:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wally15

To increase my limited fund of knowledge, do you use the inner rings when doing the tib T60 upgrade?
Inquiring minds want to know.....
Mike
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

DaBigOno

Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Bryan Young

it depends on whether it's the new design or the old design.  The new design, I believe, does not use the rings.  The old design definitely does.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

RowdyW

Mike, if the outer edges of the frame have a slight counterbore then you don't use the inner rings. If the frame is flat on the sides it is an earlier frame & you use the inner rings.   RUDY

Wally15

I have figured it out. The T60 I'm looking at has the lug recesses so it doesn't need the inner ring. Thanks for the sanity check.
Mike
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

Alto Mare

Both have their place. I grabbed a few of the older kits, just in case, I know those are going to be hard to find in a couple of years.
The older design will work with the Accurate plates.
Here I'm showing the older design on the narrow frame and the newer design on the wide

Nice reels Dabigono ;).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Maxed Out

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

FatTuna

That is a beautiful reel. I might have to get one of those.

David Hall

I'll be very disappointed if I get my new 6/0 frame and I can't use the inner rings.  I think they look unfinished and not as old school classy without the inner ring.

Shark Hunter

Its all about personal preference David. I like the look of no inner rings. Especially on These WEX super wides.

Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Its not just about personal preference. As I mentioned above, if you're trying to use the aluminum Accu-plates, you will need the older design that uses the inner rings. The Accu-plates will not work on the frame that doesn't use the inner ring.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

DaBigOno

here is a 4/0 without the inner rings for comparision

Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono