first photo contest - you and your dog (or cat!!!!!) (or guinea pig!!!!!)

Started by alantani, December 05, 2014, 10:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

How do you like that knife Alex? I have had an eyeball on those. ;)
Life is Good!

Wally15

Quote from: alantani on February 18, 2015, 06:31:01 AM
ok now?
Sorry for the late response guys and girls. Had to make a rush trip to NC on Monday to stay with my 89 yo Mom for the winter snowstorm. She doesn't have Inet and I'm typing this on an old iPhone 3G. I forgot my password also. If I'm too late to win, my loss. It was fun playing. Taking Mom back to S GA today where it's 30 degrees warmer. (6 here now). Ill check back in tomorrow from my home computer.
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

Bryan Young

Wally's back.

Congratulations.   Send Alan a PM when you got back with your address.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

steelfish

Quote from: Shark Hunter on February 20, 2015, 06:25:15 AM
How do you like that knife Alex? I have had an eyeball on those. ;)

for the price you cant go wrong, it might actually could cost a bit more cuz its really nice, the handle is awesome and the steel its sturdy and flexible, and have enought weight to just apply a bit force to cut any meat, feels like a small sharp machete.

I have 4 fishing fillets knives and this is one its 4x better than any of those.

forgot to take the after filleting pic, but it cut the YT meat like butter
this is the 9" tapered blade flex and Im considering getting the 7" for the smaller fish like triggers and spanish mackerel, the 9" its too much knife for them.
The Baja Guy

Wally15

Quote from: Bryan Young on February 20, 2015, 03:01:10 PM
Wally's back.

Congratulations.   Send Alan a PM when you got back with your address.

Bryan

I AM back..in S GA. Swapping 6 degrees for 35 degrees. Getting too old for 530 mile 1 day car trips. Especially when my 89 yo Mom has a captive audience. Did not get to turn on the stereo ONCE in 9.5 hours. I love her to death, but wish she came with an OFF button.
Sent Alan a PM with my address info, he has graciously agreed that I'm still the winner and will mail me my 99. I don't have one, so I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas. Would this be a "working" reel or a "display" reel?
Now I'm crawling to the bedroom...after a stiff WT101 pick me up.
Just read where the August 6 day SOA was cancelled. Bummer. I hadn't sent in a deposit yet, waiting on my taxes to be finished to see how much I owe. I'll have to check tomorrow to see if the June 5 day is full.
Wally the whipped and whooped (sounds kinky!)

"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

alantani

send me a check quick if you want to go on the june trip.  it's almost full!!!  i need to go through your reel one more time before sending it out. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

fIsHsTiiCkS

Quote from: alantani on February 21, 2015, 05:38:13 AM
send me a check quick if you want to go on the june trip.  it's almost full!!!  i need to go through your reel one more time before sending it out. 

Im sad that august didnt work out.

Wally15

Quote from: alantani on February 21, 2015, 05:38:13 AM
I really have to wait for my tax bill to be finalized before I can commit to the June trip. Came out of retirement to do some consulting work for 3 months last year. OUCH. I almost worked for free.
Take your time on the reel. I'm sure it will be worth waiting for.
Just watched the video of your daughter pulling my name out of the bowl. Great job! Thank her for me. I'll send her some money to buy me some lottery tickets  ;D  I'll even split the winnings with her.
This next paragraph or two will be either boring or TMI. Minor point, I noticed she called the winning name "Wally Fifteen". It's actually Wally One Five. That was my nickname/callsign in Viet Nam. After 5-6 beers (back when I was "ten feet tall and bulletproof"), I've been known to call myself Fantastic Fifteen.
My full name is Wallace Michael Pate. I grew up being called Mike. But the military lists everyone by First Name - Middle Initial - Last Name. No exceptions. So, to the Army, I was Wallace M. Pate. The other pilots started calling my Wally as an irritant or a joke when I first joined the unit ("new guy" hazing), and it stuck. When I first signed up for this website, I just used a login name I use on some other military related sites. I had no idea this place was addictive and such a close-knit community. Truly Ohana! Very similar to my aviation unit in VN (those guys are still my brothers 45 years later), so perhaps my login name is appropriate.
I have also "met" the world's 2nd best helicopter pilot thanks to this site :)  JoePlo also fishes the Florida Panhandle and he and I will get together and wet a line sometime soon. Maybe, between the two of us, we won't get lost in the GoM.
I know, TMI. But you were warned ahead of time.
Wally One-Five
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

Zimbass

Seeing as you survived Vietnam as a chopper pilot, and won the reel, you may consider changing your callsign to "Lucky Wally One Five"  ;) :D
Never was so much owed by so many to so few.

Dominick

Hey Wally one-five you might be excited waiting but Alan is still looking for the reel.   :D  At least he hasn't said he found one.  Maybe we should take up a collection to buy one to get Alan off the hook.   ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Wally15

Quote from: Dominick on February 21, 2015, 05:46:40 PM
Hey Wally one-five you might be excited waiting but Alan is still looking for the reel.   :D  At least he hasn't said he found one.  Maybe we should take up a collection to buy one to get Alan off the hook.   ;D Dominick
Hold up on the collection. I have all the faith in the world that he will come through in the clutch. But if you go ahead with the collection, I'd really like a Stella.
One Five
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Dominick

Quote from: Wally15 on February 21, 2015, 06:28:12 PM
Quote from: Dominick on February 21, 2015, 05:46:40 PM
Hold up on the collection. I have all the faith in the world that he will come through in the clutch. But if you go ahead with the collection, I'd really like a Stella.
One Five
The next time I'm in GA I'll buy you a Stella.  A Stella Artois that is.   ::)  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Wally15

The next time I'm in GA I'll buy you a Stella.  A Stella Artois that is.   ::)  Dominick
[/quote]
Sounds like a plan. I'll even get the next round...or three
For the price of a Shimano Stella, we could both fly to Leuven Belgium and drink it at the brewery.
When I was living in the West Country of England, only a few miles from where fellow AT member Greybadger now resides, Stella drinkers were known as "lager louts".
One Five
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor