15-99 and 15-60

Started by Keta, December 07, 2014, 07:13:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

I can't remember who I asked me to cut some 15-60 dogs for but I have 6 of them ready, you have first on them if you remind me.  I also have 6 15-99's.  I also have some 15-49's but they are Sal's to "test"...I don't have a 49L that I want to change from stock to test them on.  The one I have is too nice and it's a "dust collector".

I really need to charge $4.00 each but I just can't and "feel good" about it so they will still be $3.00 each.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

You should charge $4 Lee.  An extra $1 is not going to break anyone's bank.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Shark Hunter

x2 ;)
If nobody steps up, I'll takes them at $4 a piece.
Life is Good!

alantani

lee, charge $4.  everything here on my end is going up on january 1st as well. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

I'm working on the numbers myself.  Part prices have gone up and I've kept the prices the same for now.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Keta

Quote from: Bryan Young on December 07, 2014, 11:42:15 PM
I'm working on the numbers myself.  Part prices have gone up and I've kept the prices the same for now.

Material prices have been hurting me and the cutter razed his price by $0.20 a piece.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

RowdyW

Lee you have to pass on the cost increases to the buyer not absorb them.   RUDY

Keta

Quote from: RowdyW on December 08, 2014, 12:17:58 AM
Lee you have to pass on the cost increases to the buyer not absorb them.   RUDY

I still make a bit at $3.00 but not much.

Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Lee, you don't charge enough. To me your price is worthless, I usually sent you what I believe is right, but still, you should increase it a little, so it would be fair with everyone else.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

Will do sir!  Expect a package soon.

Mark Twain

foakes

In my opinion, they are worth $5.00 each --

If 100 were sold, the profit probably wouldn't buy a tank and a half of gas.

And there is the work of packaging, posting, etc., etc...emailing.

We are very fortunate to have this type of talent and willingness to provide a product second to none.

When we are talking about SS sleeves, yokes, gears, bridges, eccentrics, aluminum spools, Tib frames, power handles and cranks -- what is another buck or two?

Just my thoughts...

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Keta

I started out making them by hand for special people in my life and never planned on making $, still don't want to.

Mark Twain

redsetta

QuoteI started out making them by hand for special people in my life and never planned on making $, still don't want to.
x2. I sent out hundreds' worth of S/S dogs and gears to the four corners of the globe, but never ended up charging anyone for 'em.
Doesn't make any business sense, but still good helping people out.
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

mhc

You could keep the price at $3.00 and charge a 'scrap tub levy' of 33.3% = $4.00
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Keta

Quote from: mhc on December 08, 2014, 09:16:25 AM
You could keep the price at $3.00 and charge a 'scrap tub levy' of 33.3% = $4.00

Or reduce the price to $2.50 and charge $5.00 shipping and handling.... ;D

I will try $4.00 and see.

Mark Twain