Latest upgrades on the Jigmaster

Started by Alto Mare, December 09, 2014, 02:25:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

I used an inch/pound torque wrench and tested both CF under washer and delrin, the delrin breaks earlier and is smoother.  When I can find the rest of my delrin washers I will put one on top.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

Sal, you are too funny.  A member that lives close to me gave me a bunch of delrin washers and have been giving them out when possible since they were given to me for free.  I have not heard back from the people whom I gave them too.  I'm working with Alan on something new for Penns, but old for Newells, and should have a 1st generation out very soon, starting with Penn 501s and 505s.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Keta

Removable AR ratchets would make me happy.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Ron Jones

Removable AR ratchets with more teeth is what I've wanted since I came on this board.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Keta

I know where the ratchets can be made too.... ;)

Mark Twain

BMITCH

Quote from: noyb72 on December 09, 2014, 09:31:53 PM
Removable AR ratchets with more teeth is what I've wanted since I came on this board.
Ron

x2 ;D
luck is the residue of design.

Alto Mare

I would be more interested in getting a bridge with a smooth shaft, having a c-clip at the top to hold the gear sleeve in place, eliminating the pin.
A non removable ratchet is much stronger than the removable one, all we need is more teeth.
The bridge with the c-clip that I've mentioned above would also need a cap nut, this would be much stronger than what we have now.
...just my opinion.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

maxpowers

Quote from: Alto Mare on December 10, 2014, 01:40:20 AM
I would be more interested in getting a bridge with a smooth shaft, having a c-clip at the top to hold the gear sleeve in place, eliminating the pin.
A non removable ratchet is much stronger than the removable one, all we need is more teeth.
The bridge with the c-clip that I've mentioned above would also need a cap nut, this would be much stronger than what we have now.
...just my opinion.

Isn't this a Newell?