penn 105c drag

Started by ppvj64, December 11, 2014, 03:51:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Quote from: ppvj64 on December 12, 2014, 02:42:29 PM
Oh I understood very well thats why I use it for surf fishing, Because of alot of sand wrecks reels fast and theres got to be a cheaper bearing than boca for it? Id hope if not and I cant make the drag better than a better reels a coming. Ive already lost 2 big somethings because of the drag so a better reel cant hurt:)

Pete, try here: http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=61.msg66#msg66
If Dawn doesn't have the washers, send me your address and I'll make you some on me.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

ppvj64

Let me test it first and thanks for the offer
Pete j

ppvj64

Finally figured out the problem took the drag apart degreased the plastic drag washers according to Mystic Reel Parts tutorial then after removing the spool I noticed that the little washer between spool and little sprocket was paper.    Switched that for some ones I made out of some thin teflon like material and all seems to be working great ,nice and smooth. So thanks for all your help and teaching me alot more about reels :-)  I got 3 more reels that need a cleaning and new drags so see you all soon

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
Pete j

foakes

Glad you got it sorted out to your satisfaction --

That is what this site is all about -- trying to help others learn about and work on their own reels.

Good work...

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Alto Mare

Very good, the next one will be easier ;)...and the next one...and the next one...and the next one...you get the picture ;) ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

ppvj64

I love this site cause of the nice people and the top notch help all of you do. Ill be starting on a diawa line leveler but model number unknown so see ya all soon
Pete j