Penn 10 magtuned

Started by Tony M, December 14, 2014, 06:33:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony M

Hello everyone.  This site is awesome!  I can't imagine how many people have gotten in to reel repair and mods solely because this site. You guys have created an awesome thing.  I've lurked around here for a while, and have visited this site a million times, so I figured I would sign up and post.  If this is already in another forum I apologize, I couldn't find it.

1.  I Ebay-ed a Penn 10 a while ago and started rebuilding it, replacing everything but the large brass stuff.  I'm having problems with the clicker.  The spool grinds on top of the clicker tongue when put together.  Also the lower shaft of the clicker button is about an 1/16" longer than it needs to be.

I hammered it in using a small socket, and it's still loose inside the tongue. So I added a retaining clip.

But I'm guessing for it to work, I would have to grind down the tongue a little, and the clicker button shaft flush with the tongue. The problem is it seems like the button can't go in any further and the tongue is still loose.

Any advice or suggestions would be helpful.  Thanks. Tony

PS.  Does anyone know how to increase the gear ratio on a Penn 10 faster than 4:1?

alantani

gear ratios are pretty well set because of the fixed distances between the gear sleeve and the spool shaft.  as for the click button, make sure everything is adequately supported and give it a whack!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!