Quality Screwdriver sets...suggestions?

Started by Tightlines667, December 15, 2014, 02:07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tightlines667

Quote from: Shiftee on December 20, 2014, 07:55:05 AM
Quote from: foakes on December 19, 2014, 06:27:44 PM
Yes, Reel224 --

If I am doing a modification or service on a Glock, AR, old Charles Daly, or S&W -- the Brownell's set is all I would use.  And also for most of the reels that come across my bench -- even a cheap Shakes with graphite body and zinc screws -- since to someone, it is important.

However, for $20, I am curious to have these in my hand to compare with Brownell's.

I probably only have about 400 fixed screwdrivers -- what's another 6?

Time for a yard sale.

Best,

Fred

Hey Fred, lemme know when you set the date on that yard sale. I might have to add it to my calendar and clear my schedule for the day.

X2

I ended up ordering the 6 fixed-hollow ground driver blades from Grizzly, along with the Brownells Magna-tip Master Set and 3 Anti-cam fixed Phillips head drivers.  I may get more fixed blades from Brownell's later, but I think this should be a good start. 

Thanks for all the input!
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Reel 224

Sounds like you have a better then good start For sure.
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

RowdyW

If anybody is interested, Midway USA has a set of Wheeler screwdriver sets on sale. Approx. 72 pieces. $35.00   RUDY