Penn 2/0 frame

Started by fIsHsTiiCkS, December 22, 2014, 05:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fIsHsTiiCkS

Was there ever a frame or newell bars/reel foot ever made for the Penn 2/0. Just asking thanks guys.

Maxed Out

Pretty sure the answer is on a recent long beach 60 thread. 2/0 and long beach 60 are same reel, except outer rings and 3rd post.
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

George4741

Yes, Tiburon made some T2 frames for the 2/0.  I'm sure they are few and far between.
viurem lliures o morirem

Vintage Offshore Tackle

I hunt hard for Accurate and Tiburon frames and I've only seen two 2/0 frames in ten years, so it wouldn't be easy to find one unless you get very lucky, or someone who reads this board has one that they would part with.

The diameter of the 2/0 is the same as the 112H, but the hole locations are different.  If you are handy and can drill and tap some holes, you could make an Accurate or Tiburon frame work on your 2/0.  As to Newell bars and bases, I've never seen any Newell components in the 2/0's oddball 1 3/4" width, but just because I haven't seen any doesn't mean that there aren't any out there.  Good luck with the project.

fIsHsTiiCkS

Thanks for the replies guys. That's what I figured and to bad the T2 frame is so rare. Even if I do find one, it might be a shame to fish it. I noticed that about the 112h frames just getting a spool to work with it would be difficult.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

I'm pretty sure that there is a Long Beach model that is a little bit wider than the 60.  I don't know for sure because I do not usually deal with the Long Beach series (except for the 259), but given Penn's habit of making their parts as interchangeable as possible, I would guess that they made a model with the correct width spool to fit the 112H 2 1/8" wide frame.

RowdyW

I believe a Longbeach 65 is 2 1/8 wide. Lb 66 also 2 1/8 wide.    RUDY

RowdyW

Almost forgot, 112h2,125,190 seaboy(1990+),309M, & 99     RUDY

fIsHsTiiCkS

The 65 is a a good choice. Is the spool the right diameter. Not as familiar with Long Beach reels.

George4741

Quote from: fIsHsTiiCkS on December 23, 2014, 06:08:30 AM

The 65 is a a good choice. Is the spool the right diameter.

Same diameter spool as the 2/0, but the 65 is wider.  
viurem lliures o morirem

ZaneG

We could make our own frame
;D

alantani

make sure the cross bars are low enough.  we made that mistake one time. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

fIsHsTiiCkS

Quote from: ZaneG on December 26, 2014, 10:49:48 PM
We could make our own frame
;D

Wow ZaneG that's beyond my skill set but looks awesome! Wonder how much it would be to get some made up.

ZaneG

DISCLAIMER: I am not a machinist I only make the drawings and from my experiences the engineers and machinists have a love/hate relationship.

I always imagined it could be done on a lathe and mill but I could never figure how to make the stand maybe somebody else knows. Even then it would take a lot of time to clean the part up and it still might not look great.

I guess this is why they are all cast which only makes sense if you make a larger run of parts.

George4741

Quote from: ZaneG on December 27, 2014, 12:37:42 PM

I always imagined it could be done on a lathe and mill but I could never figure how to make the stand maybe somebody else knows. Even then it would take a lot of time to clean the part up and it still might not look great.

It may be easier to make the stand separately and attach it with screws to the frame, as is done on the Tiburon frames.
viurem lliures o morirem