Post Christmas Trip on the Pastime Princess

Started by Tightlines667, December 29, 2014, 09:33:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tightlines667

I was able to join Dwight (aka..'Newel Nut', aka..'Mango Man')  for a day trip aboard the Pastime Princess out of New Smyrna Beach, FL on the 26th.  Myself, my dad, and his fishimg buddy got 3 hours of fishimg time which produced a take home stringer of 7 Vermillion/ Red Eye Snapper. We also caught 4 Nice Red Snapper, 1 Jack, 2 Remora, 4 Little Tunny (aka. 'Bonito') and another 6-8 small Red Eyes. Not a bad way to spend the day.  Dwight and his girlfriend caught a nice stringer of Red eyes, 3 Little Tunny, a few Red Snapper, and at least 1 King.  It was a pleasure to spend the day with Dwight, who managed to set me up with a great spot on the rail.  He is a fixture on this boat, and has done some great work on the vessel's gear.  He is just about done with redoing all of the boat'S rods and reels.  Hopefully I can do it again next year.  Thanks for the great time Dwight!
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Tightlines667

Another few pics...
Hope springs eternal

Alto Mare

Very nice John, Dwight mentioned that you guys had a good time, I'm glad you took some pics, he didn't have any.

I rotated this one for you ;D

I thought you were older ;D

If I ever get down there, I'll make sure I tell the deck mate one of my jokes before snapping a pic ;D

Very nice, thanks for sharing.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Tightlines667

Quote from: Alto Mare on December 29, 2014, 11:54:49 AM
Very nice John, Dwight mentioned that you guys had a good time, I'm glad you took some pics, he didn't have any.

I rotated this one for you ;D

I thought you were older ;D

If I ever get down there, I'll make sure I tell the deck mate one of my jokes before snapping a pic ;D

Very nice, thanks for sharing.

Sal

Thanks for fixing the pic Sal.

I wish my body felt as young as I look.  BTW, I am 40.

That deck hand was ragging on me the whole trip.  I told him I work for NMFS shortly after boarding :)
Hope springs eternal

Newell Nut

John

Glad you enjoyed the day and it was a pleasure fishing with you. Hopefully we will have good weather on your next visit. When big Mike is ragging you he likes you and he rarely ever smiles. The girlfriend is my wife Elli of 15 years. Neither of us wear jewelry that is typical of most folks to symbolize being married. She is the black belt and I am an iron pumper and rings just get tore up bad in our sports so we don't bother with them.

Hope we get one more day in tomorrow before the year ends. The forecast is good if we can get enough reservations.

Happy New Year
Dwight

Bryan Young

Pure epic event.  Looks like a wonderful time.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Alto Mare

Quote from: Tightlines666 on December 29, 2014, 05:18:42 PM
Thanks for fixing the pic Sal.
I wish my body felt as young as I look.  BTW, I am 40.
That deck hand was ragging on me the whole trip.  I told him I work for NMFS shortly after boarding :)
Wrong person to be talking about body aches John ;D, I just got home from working on my knees laying this 75' stone walkway with cold wind at my back. All stone work done by me only, my helper just makes cement and brings me the stones.

I can hardly stand up.

On another note, I'm betting I could make Big Mike crack a smile, we'll see if I ever get down there. ;D
Wasn't that Jvariance kind of much for that action? I bet one of my narrow surfmaster would have been sweet to use.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Newell Nut

Sal

That hard work will make you strong for the snapper season.

Dominick

John I don't want to rag on you but a fighting belt for 3 lb fish??  :-\  ::)  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Islandgypsy

Looks like a fun trip, and some great eating . Sal, nice walkway, now we know how you can afford all those trick reels...it' s all the money you save on gym memberships :)