11/30/05 pigeon point

Started by alantani, December 14, 2008, 12:26:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

big rollers, no wind, no chop, ran wide open all day. launched out of hmb with joel

and ran straight to honey hole #1 at pescadero for a slow pick. had to move around alot to find fish, opted to head south, wound up off the lighthouse,

jeez, will ya look at that water! hey eli, thanks for the hat!

worked our way back and decided to try pescadero honey hole #2. it was loaded!!!!!!! if i would have gone from pescadero honey hole #1 straight to pescadero honey hole #2, we would have been done in an hour instead of 6. go figure.

so we ended up with a nice pair of rockfish limits, 2 underlings and one 33 inch keeper that i guesstimate at 12-14 pounds. bill, thanks for the swim baits! i was casting with your 7 inch light green swim bait and was picked up by a 16 inch ling cod. then my 33 incher grabbed on and hitchhiked all the way back to my kitchen sink! those 7 inch baits fit perfectly on doug mooney's 4 ounce shad heads.

it was a beautiful day on the water and a nice way to end ling cod season. we say only one other boat all day.

you guys missed a fabulous season ender!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

alantani

got the bad news that joel finally passed away.  he was diagnosed with cancer a few years after this trip.  he fought a good fight.  rip, joel..... 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

bluefish69

I'm really sorry about your fishing buddy's passing. I know how it feels. I had lost my 2 best fishing friends a few years ago a month a part. I have been traveling solo since.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

TomT

Lost my fishing buddy and lifelong friend to the "big c" 5 years ago. Only memories of him left, but good memories.  My condolences to you. 
TomT

Dominick

Alan:  I'm sorry for your loss my friend.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

sorry to hear this but that's the way to FIGHTING...

floating doc

Alan, I'm very sorry to hear about the passing of your friend.
Central Florida