Bearing Size Ambassadeur 5000

Started by Roger R, December 30, 2014, 11:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger R

I have a Ambassadeur 5000 #84100 and wondering if someone know the size of the 2 cooper bearings.  This will be my first full maintenance and up grade for this reel.  Any help appreciated.
Roger

mhc

Hi Roger -  If your reel is an 'ultra cast' model with the bearings/bushes in the spool the brass bushing will be 4x10x4 mm (inside dia x outside dia x thickness)
If the spool has a fixed shaft or axle with the bearings/bushes in the side plates the bearing/bushing will be 3x10x4 mm, unless it is an older reel that has 3.1195x10x4 bushings. I believe mid '60s' is when the change happened;
Quote from: Ken_D on October 30, 2013, 07:13:09 PM
When Abu introduced the 45/55/6500 C, is when the axle stubs went to 3 mm from the larger size. That was in the mid-late 60's if memory serves.

I am not sure of the age of your reel, I thought I had an idea of the reel foot numbers until it was explained in this post http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=2588.0
and it became apparent it was more complicated than my limited comprehension  ;D

Michael
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Roger R

I left off a 0 on the reel foot # should be 841000. These 2 copper bushings have a tit or tip on them  and after doing some more reading here on the site i believe these are the ones that are 3.124x10x4. I think i will just upgrade the drag washers and keep the bushings.
Thanks