which model is it

Started by ppvj64, December 31, 2014, 12:54:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ppvj64

I bought this reel a few years ago with a pole for 8 bucks at a local goodwill, Well way back then all the plate tag names were on it and they must have fallen of at gaviota pier, I cant remember which model it is and it is one of are best reels, So before I go taking it apart and putting new stuff in it it would really be nice to know what model I have.  I looked at the 50h thread and it looks alot like it but the side plate screws differ so Im clueless. Thanks for any help
Pete j

ppvj64

Pete j

hurt locker

Looks like a 47 H or a 47 SH. If it is 3.8/1 ratio it would be a 47H or 5.1/1 would be a 47SH. They are very similar looking reels. I have a couple of 47 SH and yours looks similar.

Bryan Young

I didn't know Gavin take had a pier...

My guess would be a 27 or 47.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

ppvj64

Gaviota pier and its in santa barbara county. The front half of it got washed away about 9 months ago dont look like it will ever reopen. I kind of remember 47h tags on it how can I tell if its a SH? and Thank alot again
Pete j

SantaBarbarian

Put a mark on the spool and count the number of revolutions per crank.

fIsHsTiiCkS

As stated it's a gear ratio difference. So if it's already opened up, just count the teeth on the gear. Otherwise count the revolutions as stated

basto

Looks like a Magforce to me.
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

ppvj64

Its the 47 h or sh I just need to do some counting, last time we used it the drag seemed kinda funky like it would catch then get hard then catch again, Believe me thats the best I can explain it so I think its due for a cleaning and a new drag. Do they make a carbon drag for this old badboy?  ;D Again thanks for your guys help plus the conversation
Pete j

fIsHsTiiCkS

Sounds like it def needs some new drags! Dawn has a set for that reel, just call her up.

ppvj64

Thanks alot. It use to work great now its like pull stop pull stop maybe that explains it a little better
Pete j

alantani

yup, needs new drag washers.  don't forget the grease. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!