Rainshadow Vertical Jigger for forum member JonnyBravo

Started by Jon Vadney, December 31, 2014, 02:21:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon Vadney

Here's one I just got done with for my buddy Jon.  He's mainly going to use this for local rockfish and lingcod, but I wouldn't be surprised if he took it out for yellowtail or albacore :)

Jonnybravo

Amazing job Jon!  I love it and can't wait to get it bent in 2015!  Thanks for all of the killer rods you built for me this year.

Alans Buddy

Jon Vadney

Thanks Newell!  Ben, it's the 4'10" 250gram. Great blank for the money

alantani

nice!  we just need this guy to sign up for the fishing trip!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Jeri

Hi  Jon,

Interesting use of a low rider as the first guide, then switching to traditional 3 leg rings. We used these on a couple of light line class stand up rods a few years ago, and they certainly do the job well.

Are they Fuji guides? I don't recognise them.

We are using a lot of low riders recently with a new fashion of big fixed spool reels on long surf rods – loaded with 30 & 50lb braid – we find that they perform really well, and certainly cope well with the heavy loads our anglers are putting on them with big baits and sinkers for bigger sharks.

Cheers from sunny Africa

Jeri

Jon Vadney

Alan, I brought up the 2 day trip to him and he's down!

Jeri, I use the low rider as the stripping guide because these blanks are so parabolic that they bend right into the handle.  If I were to use a regular guide, the line would end up rubbing on the grip.  The guides after the low rider are Fuji MNSG's (SiC, medium weight frame). 

alantani

the two day out of morro bay is good, but i was referring to the 5 and 6 day trips on the spirit of adventure!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alans Buddy