112H

Started by Shark Hunter, December 31, 2014, 07:57:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

Taking a Break from all the Long Beaches, I forgot about this 112H I had and a Nice Accurate frame I got from Paul Berinson. I wanted to put one of the inserts in, but I don't think the stock Brass Gear can take it.
She is a beauty! ;) Need a new main and power handle down the road.
Life is Good!

Ron Jones

I concur that an insert in a brass gear=bad. You've played with some Jigmasters, did any of them have a steel gear in it before you swapped out a 5:1 set? They are the same gear.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Shark Hunter

Just Brass Ones Ron. I have a 501 I need to go through and do the Full Monty with Black Pearls Bridge and 5:1 gears. Hopefully it has some steel.
Life is Good!

harryk3616

Alto Mare

Paul had those on sale for less than $40, not long ago, I should have grabbed a few :-\.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

fIsHsTiiCkS

I shot you a PM Daron.

Shark Hunter

Finishing this reel.
SS Sleeve, Steel Gear, Lee's insert and Adam's arm.
Thank You for the gear Jason, Adam for his arm, and Lee for the insert.
Life is Good!

BMITCH

Nice reel Daron, I love those 112H's. They seem to be just the right size!
luck is the residue of design.

fIsHsTiiCkS

Just saw this Daron! Nice build! Im glad you got to put that gear to some solid use. I was never able to get my hands on any inserts like that, but I bet makes for a smooth and powerful drag!

BMITCH

luck is the residue of design.