9/0 stainless bridge

Started by Shark Hunter, January 04, 2015, 10:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

I have actually ran out of reels to service. I have also ran out of places to keep them. ::)
I have a 9/0 with accurate frame on the safe for display. It has all the hot rod parts in it. I figured I would put them in reels I am actually going to fish. I'm putting the stainless bridge in this one. Steel gears and stock stack with ss bridge, dog, spring and sleeve.
This bridge is some of Adam's best work. Its the only one I have.
There is absolutely no side to side play. No shims needed. ;D
Going to go through this one tonight. This was my first 9/0 and I'm curious to what it looks like on the inside. Going to give it the Full Monty. ;)
Life is Good!

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

fIsHsTiiCkS

Rothmar2

Sweet work again Sharky.

Has Adam produced bridges for the 6/0's?

Shark Hunter

This was my last night off from my Holiday Furlough. I got together all my reels that had been serviced from the living room and kitchen table and put them all downstairs. I got ready to tear into this 9/0 and little did I realize. It is a bushing model. Not that the full monty is not in order. Just not tonight. I know floating doc had an issue with the Dom and Tom Frame not fitting properly. I will see what I can do after removing all this braid from it first. The 9500's are candidates for this line. Its late and I need to go to bed. ;)
Life is Good!

Shark Hunter

Quote from: Rothmar2 on January 05, 2015, 07:12:30 AM
Sweet work again Sharky.

Has Adam produced bridges for the 6/0's?
Rothmar,
I don't know of anybody else here that has this bridge. Adam offered to me and I took him up on it. ;)
Life is Good!

Rothmar2

That's great it has dropped straight in, and is well made. You are fortunate to have a "one of a kind" with that piece.

Alto Mare

That looks nice. Yep, Daron is very fortunate having the only "one of a kind".

Daron, if you still have it out, you mind showing a pic of it from both sides without the sleeve?

I know that Adam could tell us, but it would still be nice to look at the pics.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

This is the only other pic I could find Sal. Its welded on the back side.
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Quote from: Shark Hunter on January 05, 2015, 05:22:41 PM
This is the only other pic I could find Sal. Its welded on the back side.

Ok bud, thanks! ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Three se7ens

The post was tig welded to the bridge on the backside.  17-4 PH stainless for the post, and 316 stainless for the bridge.

That bridge is the only standard stainless bridge I have built for a 9/0.  Ill see if I can pull up my pictures of it later, I think they are on one of my external HD's.  I originally made that for my 9/0, but after taking it apart a few times, I decided I really wanted the dogs on the bridge.  So I did this:  http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=10766.0 

Alto Mare

That's what I thought Adam, that's why I asked to see the opposite side. Thank you!
Sal

Shark Hunter

Well,
I finally got around to taking all the braid off this reel. It filled three 9500 spools.
There was an issue with the half frames not wanting to fit the older bushing reels. Only one hole is a tad off on both sides.

This only took about 30 seconds to remedy. A drill bit slightly larger than the existing hole. One pass through both rings and the plate, its not even noticeable.

Installed the clamp studs before putting in the spool.

SS sleeve and steel gear for a 5 stack. I'm going to leave it until Adam's inserts are ready. ;)

This was my last frame. All Done! ;D

Off topic, My wife has been on me to finish taking down the Christmas lights. I finished that up yesterday and look what I found in the garage Fred!
Life is Good!

alantani

daron, you've always posted such amazing stuff!!!!!!   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!