spacer bars

Started by txangler81, January 05, 2015, 05:26:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

txangler81

Hi are there any spacer bars that will fit the squidders surfmasters and monofils? Do the 500 spacer bars fit the 250 surfmasters? Finally is going from a 3:1 gear ration to 3.2:1 worth it?

Thanks
Dustin

George4741

Quote from: txangler81 on January 05, 2015, 05:26:28 AM

Hi are there any spacer bars that will fit the squidders surfmasters and monofils? Do the 500 spacer bars fit the 250 surfmasters?

Newell made spacer bars to fit all widths of the squidders, etc.  I often see them on ebay.  The 500 bars DO fit the 250 surfmaster.

Quote from: txangler81 on January 05, 2015, 05:26:28 AM

Finally is going from a 3:1 gear ration to 3.2:1 worth it?
Thanks
Dustin

I don't think so, but many others here will disagree.
viurem lliures o morirem

Alto Mare

We have stainless steel  pacer bars for the 250, the others will be available in the future.
as George mentioned, you could find Newell's but those are plastic or aluminum, the ones that I requested are stainless steel.
Don't compare stainless steel with those, there isn't none.

As for increasing your gear ratio from 3:1 to 3.2 to .1, I'm not sure you will notice it when done. :-\
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

txangler81

Thanks guys for the info. Are there any gear upgrades for the monofil, beachmaster, baymaster, and peer209 reel? They all share the same main gear and pinion 5-155 and 13-155. The gears for the 209 line counter reels have there own gears that are supposed to work with the other reels listed here. That would bring them up to 3.2:1. I guess what im asking is are there any gears that will work with these reels that would raise the gear ratio.

Thanks
Dustin

George4741

Quote from: txangler81 on January 06, 2015, 04:04:41 AM
Thanks guys for the info. Are there any gear upgrades for the monofil, beachmaster, baymaster, and peer209 reel? They all share the same main gear and pinion 5-155 and 13-155. The gears for the 209 line counter reels have there own gears that are supposed to work with the other reels listed here. That would bring them up to 3.2:1. I guess what im asking is are there any gears that will work with these reels that would raise the gear ratio.

Thanks
Dustin

I'm not aware of any other gears that will increase the retrieve ratio.   
viurem lliures o morirem

Keta

The best way to increase the gear ratio on a 209 is to replace it with a 210.

On all the reels you listed SS gear sleeves and AR dogs, HT-100 (or Carbontex) CF washers and handles make them tougher reels.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

txangler81

has anyone ever cut and tapped spacer bars to do a 99 width jigmaster. If so do you know what size tap. might see what a machine shop would charge me to do it.