12/5/05 - crew overslept

Started by alantani, December 14, 2008, 12:28:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

joey pulls up at 5am, right on time. i guess that's what 4 years in the army will do to you. he says he forgot his coffee, but i told him he could't drink it anyway. i didn't want him to have to pee during the trip because there would be two young ladies with us. um, both actually his age (mid to late 20's), single, and actually both not so bad looking. so we wait....

at 5:10 i call. and i wake some one up. i tell her to hustle and meet me at the fisherman's warehouse (it's closer). we wait again. i get a call back. it will be a half hour. ok, meet us at the ramp. joey and i drive to hmb, launch and get rigged. 7am, i call and her friend still hasn't shown up. ok, no problem. we'll reschedule.

joey and i head out to pescadero and stick a limit of nice blues and blacks. it was pretty cold first thing in the morning. i used a small water bottle and 2.5 pound lead ball to mark fish and found that it helped tremendously with the screwy drift. with no wind, we were basically being carried north by the current. lot's of small pockets of fish. the fish all hit swim baits, small bars and bare shrimp flies. yeah, i forgot to mention that our guests were bringing the bait.

we had flat seas out of pescadero, but hit some stiff offshore winds and chop off of the ritz going down and back. must be the offshore wind that rips through the hwy 92 canyon. we ran into roosterchick and the ramp and mooched a couple of crab (thanks a million!!!!).

so i actually got to fish today (that was nice!), we had no major mishaps (that was nice, too!), we got some fish and crab (big plus!) and i spent another day on the water (that's what it's all about!!!!).

as for our two young ladies, we will have to reschedule. robert, thanks again for the dungies.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!