Tournament Pro 5600C

Started by Lunker Larry, January 11, 2015, 04:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunker Larry

Hey everyone. Got a problem that's got me baffled.
Servicing a Tournament Pro 5600C (foot #08 00). Didn't change a thing. Pinion is not worn, bearing retainer ring on the spool is not worn or bent, clutch arm is perfect. Just cleaned/lubed and closed it back up.
My problem is when you spin the handle quickly and stop it, the spool continues to spin for a bit with a clicking sound. I am sure the pinion is not fully engaging with the spool or somehow it loosens off and disengages. I've tried shims on the spool, bending the springs that push on the yoke along with a bunch of other things but no luck.
Any ideas?

Thanks
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

Fish-aholic

Larry, what you have found is not a problem, it's a trait of Abu's. The sudden stop of the handle with the continuation of a rotating spool is the pinion gear jumping out of the clutch plate. It's nothing to worry about  ;)

Lunker Larry

Out of all the reels I have serviced this is the first time I have encountered this issue. Maybe it was inherent in some of the older reels and I just never came across it.
Well, anyway you have put my mind at rest because I hate it when an inanimate object is smarter than me. :D

Thanks

LL
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

Fish-aholic

You're not the first to query that characteristic and you wont be the last. All you need to do now is catch some lunkers with it :D