Penn Reels, Parts and Aftermarket Components

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, January 13, 2015, 08:01:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Who woulda thunk that a technological illiterate like me would ever have his own Internet forum, but thanks to Alan, here I am.  I am going to try to keep a steady stream of interesting saltwater fishing items flowing through this forum and hopefully out of my collection and into yours.  I specialize in Penn reels, parts, and aftermarket components by Newell and Accurate.  I am also a sucker for any interesting vintage West Coast saltwater sportfishing and commercial fishing gear including but not limited to rods, reels, lures (especially bone jigs and all of their plastic, horn, wood and metal variations), lift pole and harpoon gear, harnesses, rod belts, tackle boxes, gaffs, nets, mounted fish, books, photos, brochures, catalogs and any other really unusual saltwater fishing gear or memorabilia.

I may be a little bit slow getting started as I am feverishly preparing for our one big fishing show of the year, the Fred Hall Show at the Long Beach Convention Center in Long Beach California from March 4-8.   This will be our tenth year exhibiting at the show.  We buy, sell and trade at the show and we enjoy it more every year (except for the setting up and tearing down, which is no fun at all).  If you would like any information on the show schedule, seminars, etc., you can find it at www.fredhall.com.

You can reach me through this forum, by email at rfpauly@aol.com, or on my cell phone at 805-748-9202 (we are on California time).

I keep an eye on most of the West Coast fishing boards, and please believe me when I tell you that this board is truly unique in the friendliness, generosity and enthusiasm of its members.  It is a pleasure to be a part of Alan's fishing family, and I hope that this forum will be an asset for the group.  I welcome any suggestions that might help me do a better job of helping everyone check some items off of their wish lists, and I would appreciate as much of your participation in this forum as you are willing to give.

Thanks again,

Randy Pauly 

BMITCH

Good luck here Randy. I think this is a great addition to this site
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Aiala

Quote from: BMITCH on January 13, 2015, 11:18:18 AM
Good luck here Randy. I think this is a great addition to this site.

I second that emotion! 

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

foakes

Excellent, Randy!

Looking forward to doing some business together --

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

newbee

Boy am i jealous of you Mr. Pauly. Can you believe i'm from San Diego, California but currently reside in Texas? Oh how i miss it! How did i end up in Texas you may ask . . . well, long story short I was in the military, served a couple tours in the sand box. I was stationed in Corpus Christi, TX where i met my lovely wife and of course the commander in chief (my wife) wrote my permanent orders to stay in Texas  :o . . . Oh well, at least we get to visit every year, in fact, we are planning a trip there this August. Not to mention a fishing trip in Key west, Florida  ;D

Shark Hunter

Oh Great! >:(
I can see my wallet getting thinner and thinner! :D
You have arrived Randy! Congratulations! ;)
Life is Good!

john2244

Hello Randy,

See you at the Fred Hall show.

John
San Clemente

Dominick

Randy, welcome to the site.  Alan posted some photos of reels from one of the shows.  Good to have you aboard.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Dear Dominic, John, Daron, Newbee, Aiala, Fred, and Bob,

I really appreciate you taking the time to welcome me to forum moderatorhood.  Thank you!

Randy

mikeg24thst

Newbee tell them about this south Texas fishing isn't it great! I am from Corpus Christi born and raised!

newbee

Mike yes it is, I actually didn't get into fishing until I moved to Texas, can you believe that? I started doing some bass fishing and it was great. We go to the Frio every year and we fish every time. Ever since i started fishing my 10 year old son has also become obsessed with it.

I'm not so happy about the hot summers though (mostly the humidity), being from San Diego and all.

But I agree, fishing is absolutely great here! I'm looking forward to the spring and fish every weekend!

Ricl

Bryan Young

Randy, welcome, and I'm glad we made a home particularly for your Vintage Offshore Tackle that will make any fisherman/woman drool. :P
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Newell Nut

I was trying think where I saw your name before and I finally remembered that I bought a Newell from you a while back from BD listing.

broadway

Randy is a pleasure to deal with, and he's got stuff that is nearly impossible to find.
Cant wait to see what treasures you've got for us. ;)
Dom

mikeg24thst

Hey newbee when I get back from this job in April maybe we can get together and throw out a few lines and catch some fish it will be great weather