Penn 349H Master Mariners with Accurate, Tiburon & Newell Upgrades

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, January 14, 2015, 02:44:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Thanks for taking the time to check out our listings.  I am going to try to post at least one new item every day unless I am traveling.  Just to get things started, here is a group of tricked out 349H Master Mariners.  These reels feature 3.25:1 gears, which combined with the large spool diameter (a hair smaller than a 6/0) give you approximately 3' of line retrieval with every turn of the handle when the spool is near full, making it an ideal reel for applications where a fast lure is the key to getting bit, as is the case with west coast wahoo and yo-yoing for yellowtail.  The 349H also has very large drag washers, approximately the same size as the 9/0 Senator. 

All three of these reels are equipped with "Wahoo Special" aluminum frame and spool kits, which increase the frame width from the stock 1 5/8" to 2 7/16", providing sufficient monofilament line capacity for all west coast game fish up to 100 lbs.  The aluminum spools make them castable (at least for those with large hands).

The first reel is a very near mint (9.5/10) Wahoo Special with stock Penn side plates, a Tiburon Wahoo Special frame, a Newell spool and a Nitrofish red-bladed handle.  It is $195

The second reel is an Accurate full conversion and is in good used condition (8/10).  It features matching red Accuplates and Accuframe, a black Accurate spool and a black Pro Gear power handle.  It is $245.

The gold reel is an Accurate full conversion and is in very near mint condition.  It features matching gold Accuplates, Accuframe, gold Accurate spool and Accurate power handle.  It is $295

I also have several Newell/Penn Wahoo Specials if you would prefer a less expensive reel, and a half dozen stock Penn 349H and 349HC reels in their original boxes in NOS or near mint condition.  I also have a couple of the very hard to find stock width Newell aluminum spools that fit the 349H and 349HC and would be happy to build a reel for you with one of those spools, with or without Newell bars.

If you see anything that you like, just let me know and I would be happy to post some good close up, hopefully well-focused and well-lit photos of all sides of the reel so that you can see exactly what you are buying.

We accept Paypal, Mastercard and VISA and ship worldwide at the actual cost of postage.

You can reach me by PM, by email at rfpauly@aol.com, or by phone at 805-748-9202.  I'm on California time.

Thanks again,

Randy

mhc

Hi Randy, That's an impressive line up of custom Mariners - I had seen Redsetta's Wahoo Tib frame on the 'Monster Mariner' and other wahoo and std width Newell spools and spacer bars but didn't know accurate made frames, spools and side plates for the 349s. Do you know of any standard width after market stands or frames? Thanks, Michael
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: mhc on January 15, 2015, 11:42:32 AM
Hi Randy, That's an impressive line up of custom Mariners - I had seen Redsetter's Wahoo Tib frame on the 'Monster Mariner' and other wahoo and std width Newell spools and spacer bars but didn't know accurate made frames, spools and side plates for the 349s. Do you know of any standard width after market stands or frames? Thanks, Michael

Michael, thanks for the post.  I have not seen any standard width 349H frames.  I am not aware of Newell or anyone else having ever made an aftermarket base for the 349H (but that doesn't mean that there isn't such a thing).

Thanks again,

Randy

redsetta

Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

broadway

Randy,
   Man, those ain't easy to find at all!
You always have rare aftermarket stuff...  Let me know if you get a mint red or silver magnum 3/0 accuratized.
Thanks,
Dom

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Thanks Dom.  I'm sorry to say that I don't have a red or silver 3/0 Magnum.  I do have a mint gold wide 3/0 Magnum and I would love to trade it for a mint red 6/0, if you have an extra.

Randy

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain