Diawa Sealine X50 SHA

Started by Tightlines667, January 14, 2015, 07:33:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tightlines667

Just finished up a quick service on a X50SHA.  Not a bad little reel, but it defiantly needed the drag upgrade.  Little dissapointed in the plastic race spool bearings in a reel designed to cast, as well since freespool does suffer.  I recommend ceramic spool bearings, CF drags, and a handle knob upgrade here.  

Upgrading the drag moved the max from just under 17lbs to 22lbs or so, though I would still fish it aroumd 15-16lbs.  

Upgrading the stock CRBB (corrosion resistant ball bearings to smooth drag ABEC 5 (lubed w/TSI30), partially disabling the cast control mech. by removing the copper tail plate ring, and brskes, as well as the copper shim under the cast control adjust cap moved the freespool from less then 30s to nearly 2mins.  Pretty cool how the pinion disengages fully from the spool shaft when in freespool.

BTW any Shimano Torium 30 or Tiburon TB500 handle assemblies are plug n play here.

Here is a link to a good tutoral on this reel from another board...

http://www.socal-fishing-hunting.com/SLX20SHA.html
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

steelfish

Quote from: Tightlines666 on January 14, 2015, 07:33:01 AM
by removing the copper tail plate ring, and brskes, as well as the copper shim under the cast control adjust cap moved the freespool from less then 30s to nearly 2mins.

2 minutes of freespool?  darn! thats impresive, wondering if I can do the same with my sealine X40 SV

it already has ABec5 bearings from smoothdrag
The Baja Guy