Senator 112H "tank"

Started by trond_solem, January 16, 2015, 10:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trond_solem

Thanks to Alan Tani, Blue Perl, SmoothDrags and others that have helped me getting parts for this reel.
Tiburon frames are not sold outside the US, so Alan Tani helped me getting one. He also supplied new inner and outer chrome rings and gear sleeve.
Blue Pearl supplied the custom spacer sleeve and 5+1 drag setup is from from Byan Young.

The handle knob is from Alan Tani, the crank arm is my own design that I had laser cut in England.
What else? yes, steel (stanless)  gears and stainless dual alternating dogs.

Used this reel on a fishing trip today. Got some nice cod fish. Some about 22 pounds and more. Not realy big fish, but this is what I can get every day.  The reel handled those without any problems, even when hooking one of them in the tail. It managed to take some line, but there was never a problem stopping it. I had to relax the drag a bit since I just pulled the hook out of the mouth of the fish if I set it too hard.  However, it was smooth as butter!
Cranking? Easy and without any effort at all.
This reel will handle fish a lot bigger than this 22 - 25 lbs cods without any effort.
In late february, early march, the realy heavy cods arrive at our coast. Looking forward to getting some 45+ lbs cods with this reel then.

redsetta

Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

BMITCH

Very cool trond. Get us some pictures of those Cow cod. Would be awsome!
luck is the residue of design.

bluefish69

I remember catching Cow Cod off shore L.I. I have had Cod in the 40+# range quite often.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bill B

nice work brother....got to admit the 112H is my favorite reel...
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

trond_solem

Quote from: BMITCH on January 17, 2015, 02:37:41 AM
Will do when some real large ones are landed.

trond_solem

Thanks eveyone for the nice words, but the guy who made this possible is Alan Tani. Without his help getting the frame and helping me find parts, the project wouldn't happened.

steelfish

Quote from: BMITCH on January 17, 2015, 02:37:41 AM

that would be the cherry on the cake.

nice reel, if I get another old school reel it will be the red 4/0 and "tanked it"
The Baja Guy