right side plate bearing

Started by kazfish, November 02, 2010, 05:36:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Byron and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

kazfish

Alan,
Do you know the dimensions of the avet hx right side plate bearing...the one that causes the binding?  I'm trying to find a better quality bearing and boca doesn't show a replacement. 

John

alantani

there are several sizes for the different reels used.  if you could measure yours, i am certain that i can find a match.  avet's bearings, however, are only $5 each.  consider just taking a new avet bearing, packing it with grease and see how long it lasts.  it is also important to stay within specs for the reel.  excess pressure will damage any bearing in any reel.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Fishermans Paradise

Kaz,

Measure the bearing and call boca, just because it does not show up in the list for avet, does not mean they do not carry the bearing.  I ordered several pinion bearing from them a few months ago for the LX 6.0 which was also not listed under avet, but they DO carry them.  Their bearing selection is fantastic but the fishing reel cross reference is not as complete as it could be.  Good Luck ! ! !

Lee

kazfish

Thank you Alan and Lee.  The bearing went 6mm x 17mm x 6mm and I ordered a abec3 replacement from boca for 13.95.  The website says it's lubed with "Kyodo PS2 Grease".  Is that ok to install or should I open it up and re-lube it with yamaha grease?

alantani

it is going to be partially filled with grease.  they really need to be fully packed. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!