Penn 309 lw line guide assembly

Started by TheReelGuy850, January 20, 2015, 08:52:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

I believe I have all of the parts he needs -- Alan is right.

I have schematics, of course -- but it appears the 309 & 209 share many of the same parts with the exception of the actual line guide and nylon idler gear.  But Penn is not real clear on this in my service manuals -- so I need to go through Chris's laundry list carefully -- since I just sold my last 309 to use for physically matching.

For sure I have the guide and larger idler gear -- probably have all of it -- and a new pinion.

Stay tuned!

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

txangler81

I have a line guide for a 309 I could send him can't remember if I replaced the worm or not I will have to look when I get home tonight also do you need a worm shield if so I have one they aren't pretty but they are functional

foakes

Good man, Dustin --

We will figure out what Chris needs between all of us -- then forward it along.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

TheReelGuy850

Thanks fellas! ;D I will get those parts numbers.Ya'll are the best
The Reel Guy
Fishing reel and rod repair service
Panama City, Florida

TheReelGuy850

Got the part numbers per the PENN REELS website

Worm Bearing Spring
Part number: 057-109

Worm Bearing
Part Number: 044N-109

Worm
Part Number:042-209

Line Guide Assembly
Part number:046-309

Pawl
Part Number:047-109

Pawl Cover
Part Number:048-109

The Reel Guy
Panama City, Florida

txangler81

Ok all I have is a line guide pawl and pawl cover. I didn't replace my worm.

TheReelGuy850

Hey TXANGLER thanks for responding.i guess i may have to bite the bullet and and hit ebay up and find all the dang parts lol.ive done some searching but i come up short on some parts and some others are available other places.
The Reel Guy
Panama City, Florida

txangler81

does Fred not have all of them. I just got done accumulating parts for a 309. some of them are cheaper to get from mysticparts.com.

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"

foakes

Hey Chris --

Will this help?

Best.

Fred

--------

Fred O.

TheReelGuy850

Thar she blows!! ;D That's what ive been hunting Fred! You are the man! How much you asking for those parts sir?
The Reel Guy
Panama City, Florida

foakes

$18 -- including shipping, Chris.

If this would work -- PM your full name, address, and phone number -- and I will send them out today.

Best,

Fred

--------

Fred O.