Penn 309 lw line guide assembly

Started by TheReelGuy850, January 20, 2015, 08:52:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheReelGuy850

i have a 309 lw that im putting back together(side of the road garbage find) ;D .its in great shape but its missing the line guide assembly and the bushings on the line guide assembly on clicker and handle side.Anyone have one to spare? ??? Doesnt need to be pretty just functional.Any help would be appreciated.THANKS
The Reel Guy
Fishing reel and rod repair service
Panama City, Florida

newbee

hmmm, i actually have 1 brand new one i'm trying to sell. I have 2. message me if you are interested. never been used.

newbee

i guess i should have been more specific, i have a brand new penn 309 lw as a whole

TheReelGuy850

The one i have is good to go besides the line guide assembly.But good luck on the sale.Those reels are great!!! ;D
The Reel Guy
Panama City, Florida

newbee

ok, just thoght i'd ask. i'll let you know if i find something for you

foakes

Do you need the entire assembly?

Line guide, pawl, pawl cap, spiral worm gear, left side bushing, right side bushing, bushing spring, upper line guide post with slot, worm gear, nylon idler gear, worm shield --

Which of these? -- or?

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Shark Hunter

Side of the road garbage find? ???
Where is this road? :o
Life is Good!

Unutt

You beat me to it.  I never found a reel beside the road, unless I stopped at a garage sale, which is how I got started buying reels. 
So many reels, so little time.

TheReelGuy850

Im missing the following;Line guide, pawl, pawl cap, spiral worm gear, right side bushing bushing spring ;D

Thanks Chris

PS: Shark Hunter,down here in florida i make friends with the garbage men and they know i like to tinker on reels so when they find something they hold it for me..now if they could only find me a surf rod??????hmmmm
The Reel Guy
Panama City, Florida

Shark Hunter

When I want to be friends with my Garbage Men, I leave them some leather gloves. Works every time. ;)
My son found a nice 4/0 on a St. Croix rod a while back. Sitting on top of some ones garbage can! :o
Its good to have friends! ;D
Life is Good!

TheReelGuy850

The Reel Guy
Panama City, Florida

TheReelGuy850

The Reel Guy
Panama City, Florida

txangler81

TheReelGuy850

Hey TXANGLER,had no luck so far but in disassembly i found i had a bad pinion gear so i need one of those first as well as upgrading the drag and getting a ss gear sleeve and dog.
The Reel Guy
Panama City, Florida

alantani

fred likely has all of these parts.  i might also, but i'd have to do some digging.  if you can list the part numbers that you need, that would help. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!