Florida Kings and Cobia

Started by Newell Nut, January 21, 2015, 12:37:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newell Nut

Could not believe what a wonderful January day could be. On one stop we caught 15 cobia and on every stop we were slaying the kings. My wife is not pictured but the best day she has had for vermilions and she got two kings her self. Captain Al Coley at the young age of 81 got the biggest one of the day.

BMITCH

Nice job Dwight! You are TRUELY livin the life. Thanks for always bringing us along
luck is the residue of design.

Tightlines667

Nice fish there Dwight.  Looks like an epic day.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Shark Hunter

Congrats to the Captain! ;D
Nice shots Dwight! ;) That's a Monster! :o
Life is Good!

Newell Nut

Quote from: Tightlines666 on January 21, 2015, 01:09:41 AM
Nice fish there Dwight.  Looks like an epic day.

Wish you could got some of this day John. It was the wildest day that I have seen on the boat in 3 years. Captain Al said it was the best in 7 years.

bluefish69

Very impressive fish guys. Dwight you did it again. I sent the pictures to my buddy on the N.Y. site

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Alto Mare

Quote from: Newell Nut on January 21, 2015, 12:37:24 AM
Could not believe what a wonderful January day could be. On one stop we caught 15 cobia and on every stop we were slaying the kings. My wife is not pictured but the best day she has had for vermilions and she got two kings her self. Captain Al Coley at the young age of 81 got the biggest one of the day.

Congratulations Captain Al Coley, that's a nice fish.  I hope I get to meet you one day soon.
Great job as usual Dwight ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Newell Nut

Sal, my shoulders are feeling a little tight. I think I need a crack open a bottle of merlot. Owe and we have an airport in Daytona when you get ready buddy.

broschro

the Cobia bite was on fire here for a good month! i see thy are down there now. whats the water temp. when you going again?

handi2

We won't have the Cobia back here till May. It's a frenzy around here with all the Cobia Tournaments in the Florida Panhandle.

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

conchydong

That's a nice Smoker King and some decent Cobia. I've caught three Cobia so far this Winter and all have been short. Still waiting for some bigger ones to move in.
Good work Newell Nut!

redsetta

A great day - thanks for sharing!
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer