New Handles

Started by broadway, November 06, 2010, 06:37:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broadway

Hey Dawn,

Those handles on your site are sharp looking.  What styles, sizes, and finishes come with each handle?  Good luck with the new venture! Thanks
Dom

Norcal Pescador

Dawn,
Ditto on Dom's comments. Very nice, indeed!

Rob
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Dawn

Hi
Thanks. They are all aluminum, anodized.  There is a round knob, and a standard size and jumbo size T-Bar knobs.  All either black or silver.
Blanks are black only.
There will be a lot more info and pictures on the website soon.
The prices on the complete handles (knob and blank) are $29.95 for any round knob, $34.95 for standard T-bar and $39.95 for Jumbo T-Bar
You can also get just the round knob or T-bar knobs separately (no blank)

Dawn
Dawn

Bucktail

I have been noticing more folks replacing their stock handles with ones similar to what you have on your site.  I've been wondering what the advantage is.  I see that you answer the question, "Why UPGRADE with our ROUND Power Handle?"  Your reasoning makes it sound like these are the ultimate style of handle knobs to use.  So, my question is then, why upgrade to a T-bar handle?  What is the advantage of using the T-bar over a round or a stock handle?

Thanks,
Bob
Just a jig-a-lo

broadway

Thanks Dawn...we'll be talking very soon. Thanks for the run down.  Bob,  I like the t-bars for conventional and round handle for spinning.  My reasoning for this is with the t-bar I contact more surface area on my hand to apply more force and take the stress off one specific area of my hand.  The other is that t-bars are usually positioned on the blank (of the handle) where they are always vertical due to being bottom heavy.  The round ones just help me crank faster...I think that's why G.T. fisherman use them as well.  I'm sure some of the pros have even more/better reasons, but that's mine.  Thanks
Dom

Dawn

What Dom said   8)

In addition:
1.  If you like crazy crankin' you would tend to prefer the t-bar.  You may want more comfort and flexibility in the fingers and wrist, you would prefer the round knob.

2.  trolling reels tend to go with the t-bars.  live bait fishing tend to go with the round knob.

3.  bottom fishing guys are grinders, t-bar.  surface fishing guy prefer round knobs

4.  small reels with lite line, round is preferred.  large 2 speed reels, t-bar is preferred

The website has a little more info now.
Dawn

broadway

Thanks for the specifics, Dawn! 
Dom

Bucktail

Thanks for the explanation.
Just a jig-a-lo

Bub B.

Those handles look sweet.

flvol77

Quote from: Dawn on November 09, 2010, 09:02:08 PM
What Dom said   8)

In addition:
1.  If you like crazy crankin' you would tend to prefer the t-bar.  You may want more comfort and flexibility in the fingers and wrist, you would prefer the round knob.

2.  trolling reels tend to go with the t-bars.  live bait fishing tend to go with the round knob.

3.  bottom fishing guys are grinders, t-bar.  surface fishing guy prefer round knobs

4.  small reels with lite line, round is preferred.  large 2 speed reels, t-bar is preferred

The website has a little more info now.

Also a lot of people who knife/butterfly or whatever you call it in your area like a small t bar handle for spinners - JDM sells them and they aren't IMO as nice as the ones Dawn has.  I have ordered two smaller t bar for my Saragosas I will let you know what I think of them. 

hauler1

I ordered a t bar from dawn for my 2 speed 6500 abu and it is awsome the quality is bst ive seen and ive used alot. Pulled In 6   26-30 lbs carp with ease.  ill be ordering more!

Board4life

Plus the silver knobs look sweet...

Fishermans Paradise

the handles from dawn are great, i have upgraded a few with the standard t-bar, and did my first round knob tonite on a shimano baitrunner 4000d

love it

Dawn

Nice pictures guys!  Thanks for posting.

Dawn
Dawn

rodent

Hi Dawn, wondering if the shipment of t-bar handles came in? Thanks for the support, rodney