New Handles

Started by broadway, November 06, 2010, 06:37:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dawn

They are supposed to come in to the my supplier today, but it might take him a few days to get them to me, he's probably pretty backed up.

Dawn
Dawn

tacoma09

Dawn,
Which handle would you suggest on a newell 447, 454, 540, and 641?  1 of 4 reels have the graphite handles.

Mark

SoCalAngler

Dawn I had put this thread on another one of Alan's boards. I don't know if you have time to check the other boards so I thought I would put it here also. By the way, thank you very much.

Well here is the newest upgrade to my TLD 30II. I have seen these handle knobs and arms online for a while now so I finely pulled the trigger and bought a set. All I can say is wow. The quailty is outstanding and is what I expected from Dawn over at Smoothdrags. Her customer service is great also, I placed the order Wednessday morning and my package arrived today. I mean who else would get stuff to you the next day without having to pay for next day service?

The handle arm is 1/2" longer for better cranking power and the metal knob has what seems to be a thick anodisation.

Now I think I may be done with the aftermarket parts for this reel. Good thing this reel was a gift new because I would have never put this kind of money into it if it was not. This reel has a Tib frame, Cal's drag plate, handle arm and knob upgrade, greased drag washer and bearing upgrade. Is there anything else I should look at doing to this reel other than fish it?

Dawn

Mark
I would suggest the round knob or the standard size T-bar, that would be a personal preference thing between the two.

Dawn
Dawn

Dawn

Hi So Cal
I think it's time to go fishing.  The reel looks beautiful and oh so much more functional now.  Maybe the other guys have some more upgrade suggestions though, are they ever really done?   ;)

Dawn
Dawn

wallacewt

dawn,did you get the bearings for those handles and knobs?

Dawn

Hi Wallace
Not yet, I already had a bearing order on the way when I realized we could use some for the round handles.
I have to get a pretty large order together, so it will have to wait awhile.
I can take one from a T-bar if you really need it.

Dawn
Dawn

wallacewt

hi dawn
i tried here for a bearing,no good,also tried various bushings i had,no good.i dont mind waiting as long as it gets here before jc,s 2nd coming.ill leave the decision up to you.arnt i good ;D ;D cheers

redsetta

Quote...as long as it gets here before jc,s 2nd coming...
Classic  ;D ;D
PS Wallace, did the second envelope arrive okay?
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

wallacewt

Dominick

For all you guys wondering about Dawn's handles, check out the photo of my reels on the boat last week down in Baja.  The aluminum handles are on Penn International 50 VSW, Penn International 30W, and Penn International Torque 300.  I love the silver and gold look.  Sort of like a Rolex watch band of platinum and gold.  They worked flawlessly.  The last time I used them I had not used Loctite and the screw came loose.  Not now, they were perfect.  Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

redsetta

Great photo (and kit) Dominick - full of latent possibility.
Caption: 'Wish you were here...'  ;)
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

wallacewt

justin your parcel arrived,and i had a good laugh.thanks

Dominick

Quote from: wallacewt on November 15, 2011, 06:39:58 AM
justin your parcel arrived,and i had a good laugh.thanks
Hey Wallace, Justin:  let us all in on it.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Quote from: Pescachaser on November 15, 2011, 05:24:12 AM
.  I love the silver and gold look.  Sort of like a Rolex watch band of platinum and gold. 

I don't have a rolex watch to compare it to, would a timex do?  Nice handles.
Ask your buddy if he would like to swap that red spool for a chromed one or a black one.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.