501 Jig-Master build

Started by Mattman NZ, February 04, 2015, 07:53:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattman NZ

Hi guys I had a bit of fun today I went through some of my spare parts today and had a brainstorm idea - i've always wanted a 501 Jig=Master .My bro bought me a Chinese 500L Jig master for my b-day and I had a spare spool for the 110 and Raumati gave me a 30-49 stand & 2 sets of space bars that were the same width. Put the bits together using the new 500L plates and the 501 was born and reversed the other spare parts from the Jig master to the 1/0 senator plates -I don't know what you would call it lol ??  Now I only need to find a spare 505 jm & spool and turn it into 506 .I just wish the alloy spools were more easy to find.
Enjoy.

Shark Hunter

Mattman,
You are a Genius. Good work my Man! ;)
Life is Good!

redsetta

Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

raumati01

I love getting emails and texts with pics of these, I never know what you're going to make next.

The sailfisher went to an Italian guy living in Stewart Island.

DaBigOno

This is pretty cool!  110 WL
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Mattman NZ

Quote from: raumati01 on February 04, 2015, 10:18:47 AM
I love getting emails and texts with pics of these, I never know what you're going to make next.

The sailfisher went to an Italian guy living in Stewart Island.
Thanks guys and I hope to start tricking out the 130sf tomorrow.

Alto Mare

Nice work Matt ;), yes you're right, these spools are very hard to find, one came to me from your side from a friend.
There is some interest here from some guys wanting to try to get these done for us... we'll see. :-\.
Thanks for sharing.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

The things we discover together...what is not to love about everyone here on this site?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D