parts help

Started by txangler81, February 04, 2015, 12:43:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

txangler81

I have a round profile Winchester super x bait cast reel made by cabelas from the late 90s. The problem I am having is there is a plastic gear on the worm that a piece of it has broken off. I can not find parts I sent emails to the two people cabelas told me  to contact. One didn't know anything about it the other never emailed back. if anyone has any ideas. I would appreciate it.

thanks
Dustin

foakes

Hey, Dustin --

A picture would help to maybe ID the reel, in case someone has a parts reel for you.

I might --

Cabelas is a great company...

However, they do not manufacture their own reels -- instead, they are notorious for putting their name on other manufacturer's reels -- generally plastic or graphite reels from Asia -- produced out of a substance referred to as obselesence.  😕😕😕

Generally no parts support network for too long after being manufactured, if at all.  Sometimes, other parts may work -- since more and more -- many of the Asian manufacturers are sourcing common shared components.

Best & Good Luck,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Bryan Young

That one could be very hard.  Someone would have to have a good supply of parts to go through and compare to fine the right part.  I hope you can find what you need.  try to post pictures of the reel and parts that you need because the reel may be similar to one of a different brand.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Keta

The best way to locate parts for "off brand" reels is to figure out who made it and what reel they copied, then see if there is any parts interchangeability.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

txangler81

Here are some pictures
thanks
Dustin

Keta

Try a Shimano Calcutta or Corsair/Corvallis part.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

txangler81

I will look into it Lee.
Thanks
Dustin

txangler81

looks like it matches up pretty close to a calcuta 400 ill have to keep an eye out on ebay for a worm thanks guys

Dustin