Penn 9/0

Started by SoCalAngler, February 04, 2015, 02:15:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCalAngler

I have a question about a Penn 9/0 here, if any others want chime in it would be great.
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=12959.msg128758#msg128758

Vintage Offshore Tackle

My best guess is $125-145 in 9/10 condition with the green knob, rod brace and clamp.  The older reels in nice shape are generally worth a little bit more than the newer USA reels, all things being equal, and a lot more than the Chinese versions. Hard to put a value on the leather case without seeing it.

Alto Mare

What's going on Mark? I know you're not looking for one of them, tell me some more.
Just in case, for some add reason you were, shoot me a PM and we'll have a conversation about it.
V-O-T is very good with his estimate, I would probably go another $20 on the one in great condition (10).
A little more if it was new with box.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

SoCalAngler

Thanks guys, the guy is asking too much and has not returned a call I left him anyway.

Bryan Young

Are you referring to Randy not calling you back?  I don't quite understand.

BTW, Randy just got back from his fishing trip.  He probably has a ton of emails and messages to respond to.  Please be patient.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Shark Hunter

I think he is talking about a reel he saw somewhere else Bryan. Randy was just giving him an estimate.
Life is Good!

DaBigOno

Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Shark Hunter

That's an older Bushing Model. Possibly 3 piece spool. I would steer clear of it. JMO
Life is Good!

DaBigOno

Quote from: Shark Hunter on February 05, 2015, 01:54:48 AM
That's an older Bushing Model. Possibly 3 piece spool. I would steer clear of it. JMO

Thanks Shark
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono