Swapping parts

Started by sharkman, February 06, 2015, 01:17:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sharkman

After reading articles I decided to combine some extra parts to make some new reels. I took delmar 285 side plates and combined them with penn 65 spool, bars, and base. Somewhere I read this reel is similar to delmar 286. Then I took the remaining parts and put them together. The specs and parts put this reel as being the same size as a penn 60. Does this sound right.

Keta

We caught another one!!!   ;D  Isn't tinkering fun?
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

George4741

Yes, the 285 is the same size as a 60 and the 286 is the same size as a 65.  I've seen only two 286 Delmars, both of them on the internet.  I now wish I had bid on the one I saw on eBay.  I believe they are very rare.
viurem lliures o morirem

sharkman

Ive been hooked since joining this great site.

Superhook

The #286 was made with both metal spools and black plastic spools.   Probably rate as uncommon and a good collectable as it was not listed in any catalogs. I've seen a dozen or more #286 reels over the last 6 years.  I would rate the Penn " Ocean Side" as very scarce. Harder to find than Model F's & Model K 's . A Penn Ocean Side is a Coronado without the star drag.  Available 1934-38.

Keta

Quote from: sharkman on February 06, 2015, 10:28:32 AM
Ive been hooked since joining this great site.

I'm glad we can help.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain